• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I’m sick and can wear a different rolly (rep) daily!!!! How often do you change watches?

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I wear the Black Submariner cheapie every day when in the workshop. It lives in the workshop on my wrist and desk full time, and when I go in at night I leave it in the workshop, get in the house, and I rotate.

Currently I have somewhere around 37 watches not including a couple I bought yesterday, (repair projects).

So when I get in the house I rotate by picking the next watch in line along each of the 5 shelves which hold 9 watches, I may get 10 per shelf at a squeeze, but 9 is easy to slide open the glass and remove / replace. I wear the rotation watch all evening, all night and it travels into the workshop with me for the day, goes on a stand, and it gets a run out somewhere in a vehicle and photo's for the Wristshot / Steering Wheel thread.

Rinse and Repeat.

I don't colour match watches to outfits unless it's a really special thing like a wedding or annual dinner / dance etc.

I didn't have any reps before I joined the RWI community in November last year, I had loads and used to sell back in the 2000's, stopped selling and my final rep died a couple of years ago. At that time I was unable to find anyone in our remote area to fix them, they got binned.

I was going to stop buying when I get the cabinet full, but now there are only a few spaces left tbh I forsee a bigger cabinet, (much bigger) on the horizon.
It's a hobby, lol, some of my previous hobbies were way more expensive, I just like my toyz, always have done, they have just got smaller these days :ROFLMAO:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I wear the Black Submariner cheapie every day when in the workshop. It lives in the workshop on my wrist and desk full time, and when I go in at night I leave it in the workshop, get in the house, and I rotate
I have a mechanic that wears a gen SD4k on his wrist as he is banging and clattering in the workshop. He says it is a tool watch so who cares if it scratchs.

Ralphista

17/3/24
Seriously, the intoxication of the rep world is crazy! I’ve been a watch fanatic for most my life. For the last year and a half I’ve gone way overboard since learning about reps. Causing me to acquired an insane amount of watches. If I told you the number I might get locked up. I’m sure some of you are less impulsive than me. I have a question to ask.

How often do you change your watch and how long have you collected?

Ive been changing my watch almost daily but now that my purchasing is finally slowing I am starting to slow down changing to. Curious what the norm is.
Hi, until 10-12 years ago i was in your same situation . Now a few addiction is returning to me because, for a problem about my new house I wrong tu buy and I want resell, I haven’t my collection with me to fully realize in my mind how many I already have 😂 … It is became about RMs but now is for Pams … Anyway if you change one by day to dress … I can assure, in my modest opinion, is the better option because, about reliability, Chinese movements are absolutely incomparable to the Swiss or the Japanese. Greetings .

muiramas

Aristocrat
18/1/17
I work from home, my watch box is in my office and so is my watch wonder. It’s not unusual for me to wear 2 - 3 watches a day. It’s also not unusual for me to be wearing one while having another on my desk which I occasionally look at.

I realise that this is both perverted and sociopathic.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
49°50′34.8″N 9°54′07.4″E
Seriously, the intoxication of the rep world is crazy! I’ve been a watch fanatic for most my life. For the last year and a half I’ve gone way overboard since learning about reps. Causing me to acquired an insane amount of watches. If I told you the number I might get locked up. I’m sure some of you are less impulsive than me. I have a question to ask.

How often do you change your watch and how long have you collected?

Ive been changing my watch almost daily but now that my purchasing is finally slowing I am starting to slow down changing to. Curious what the norm is.
Not much, I usually choose one and wear it for a week, then another one. And because sometimes my job requires absolute silence, so in that occasion, I will wear my apple watch so I can get notifications without making a noise.

Reactions: Dave2302

muiramas

Aristocrat
18/1/17
Not much, I usually choose one and wear it for a week, then another one.
200.gif

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
I just did the math, to wear a different watch each day for 1 year I need a total of 8 cabinets same as the current one which holds 45 - 50 watches, so this means I need cabinets all around the bedroom walls

I'll let Mel know later that I've moved her wardrobe to one of the spare bedrooms :ROFLMAO:

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I got up to 38 reps and 5 gens but recently I’m really starting to think less is more. There were watches I just thought I needed in my collection but they were never worn. I’ve thinned back to 20 reps and there’s even a few that don’t get wrist time.

Reactions: Dave2302

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Patron
6/8/23
Italy
It's a game, so play it every day, play it with childish joy🤪

What's wrong in being childish sometimes? It's important to be and act as an adult , don't get me wrong. But I believe there's space for a moment of fun, a pure enjoyment, not only limited to reps😉.

Dna GIF by Little Mix

Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302 and Feefo

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
I change watches everyday pretty much, my coworkers don't know and don't care what the watches (I'm not in a role where I need to face external clients alot), and on those days I usually stick to a discreet watch like an Explorer

On the weekend it might be 2-3 times a day

1 when I wake up / get breakfast / lunch with the S.O
1 when I go to gym/swim,
1 when I go to dinner

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
I’ve been looking at my watch boxes and have seen how I don’t even wear most of my gens. They are older and out of fashion I guess I wish I had bought more reps instead