• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I’m sick and can wear a different rolly (rep) daily!!!! How often do you change watches?

Gadster

Getting To Know The Place
30/10/23
USA
Seriously, the intoxication of the rep world is crazy! I’ve been a watch fanatic for most my life. For the last year and a half I’ve gone way overboard since learning about reps. Causing me to acquired an insane amount of watches. If I told you the number I might get locked up. I’m sure some of you are less impulsive than me. I have a question to ask.

How often do you change your watch and how long have you collected?

Ive been changing my watch almost daily but now that my purchasing is finally slowing I am starting to slow down changing to. Curious what the norm is.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
Er'day
Serious Every Day GIF by Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

NilsD

2THMSTR
Supporter
Certified
18/2/24
Staten Island, NY
Seriously, the intoxication of the rep world is crazy! I’ve been a watch fanatic for most my life. For the last year and a half I’ve gone way overboard since learning about reps. Causing me to acquired an insane amount of watches. If I told you the number I might get locked up. I’m sure some of you are less impulsive than me. I have a question to ask.

How often do you change your watch and how long have you collected?

Ive been changing my watch almost daily but now that my purchasing is finally slowing I am starting to slow down changing to. Curious what the norm is.
Everyday…unless I get lazy!

Kerbus

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
FL
I often wear a different one every day, rarely more than three days in row. Of course it’s gotta match what I’m wearing.

• Love
Reactions: Dave2302 and NilsD

Gadster

30/10/23
USA
I often wear a different one every day, rarely more than three days in row. Of course it’s gotta match what I’m wearing.
have to have a little
I often wear a different one every day, rarely more than three days in row. Of course it’s gotta match what I’m weari

Gadster

30/10/23
USA
Dah! Why else would you have a watch in every color? :cool:

Agree! Sorry, but it’s easy to get carried away. I think part of the hobby is being able to try so many. In the end I’ll gravitate to a dozen of my favorites.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Depends on the situation but I’ll normally keep one on for at least a few days. I came from the gen world and like you went overboard. I’ve recently started thinning my rep collection rather than thinking I need a certain watch in my collection because it’s iconic.

Jossé

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
It varies a lot, but I usually change my watch daily. Sometimes twice a day, one watch for work and one watch for leisure.
I haven't been collecting for long yet, so the collection is still in its early stages!

Fatal error

24/6/24
Choose a watch every morning so usually daily, but often I try to wear one for as long as possible which is usually a couple weeks max

• Wow
Reactions: Dave2302

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I thought @C Master had more than that...

@KJ2020 probably has enough to allow rotation once every... 3 years?

I change mine every day unless I get very lazy.

The current count is somewhere around 190. (And I've sold 70-odd, so in total I've owned roughly 260.) That's from almost a standing start into this hideous obsession towards the end of 2018.

Last edited:

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
I have to work so hard on myself to keep this obsession in check so I keep to a minimum, one in... one out! If my wife was more understanding of my watch fetish i'd be in deep trouble! 🤣