• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hulk Battle - ZF vs ZZF vs VSF

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
I know what you mean. I'm not sure it's possible to define in measurements, but something about it looks a bit bolder to me.

Exactly, I cant put my finger on it exactly but every angle of that watch just reminds me of my ARF. I would be curious to see the dimensions of the ZF.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
ZF is nothing like the arf for boxy! Are they physical observations or looking at pictures!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm judging from these pictures in the thread. I dont own any of these yet.

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
Just got my VSF today unwrapped it fitted the bracelet took my gen out of the safe and........

the dial of the VSF is much off under artificial light :-(
It is much more brighter and has more sunburst effect than the gen.

I also got a used ZZF V3 2836 for my wife and the dial looks much better and darker as the VSF.
Will shoot some comparative images on the next weekend under natural light.

The crystal of the VSF is insane and I think I will not change it to a gen crystal.
Both the VSF and the ZZf feel very good when handling them.

Last edited:

Substar

16/9/20
I'm judging from these pictures in the thread. I dont own any of these yet.

Ok thought so. I own it and definitely does not have boxy lugs and certainly nothing like the terrible Arf which I’ve also had. In fact I’ve had all of them including vsf a few weeks ago. I’ve kept the ZF as the build quality is beyond all others in my opinion and the details are close enough for me.
Which ever you buy will please I’m sure.

Reactions: Rel

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Ok thought so. I own it and definitely does not have boxy lugs and certainly nothing like the terrible Arf which I’ve also had. In fact I’ve had all of them including vsf a few weeks ago. I’ve kept the ZF as the build quality is beyond all others in my opinion and the details are close enough for me.
Which ever you buy will please I’m sure.

What didnt you like about the vsf? Besides those hands lol. Was it the feel of the bracelet?

Substar

16/9/20
What didnt you like about the vsf? Besides those hands lol. Was it the feel of the bracelet?

To me it just felt cheap. I had one of the first ones I think and the bracelet was rattly and the first link gap after the sel was ugly in my eyes. Hands were awful as was the crystal edge profile although the black hole effect was excellent. It just didn’t have a premium feel for me but I believe it’s got better with the LV release.
It’s a personal thing I guess and we all have our own list of things to live with and the ZF meets all those for me.

Reactions: Rel and Yogibear

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Just got my VSF today unwrapped it fitted the bracelet took my gen out of the safe and........

the dial of the VSF is much off under artificial light :-(
It is much more brighter and has more sunburst effect than the gen.

I also got a used ZZF V3 2836 for my wife and the dial looks much better and darker as the VSF.
Will shoot some comparative images on the next weekend under natural light.

The crystal of the VSF is insane and I think I will not change it to a gen crystal.
Both the VSF and the ZZf feel very good when handling them.

In the other VSF LV thread there was a comparison with a real one and the reviewer said the VSF was closer than the ZZF. Not sure it actually matters as more and more will end up in safety deposit boxes as values soar.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Redheart

17/5/19
Same old story, get all of them and create the best franken out of them!
There are still room to improvement though :)
I like the case of VSF, but dial and hands of ZZF (6 and 9 markers looks less fat).

Rolex-Submariner-Hulk-116610LV-2-600x391@2x.jpg

Agnostic

Known Member
17/12/19
Same old story, get all of them and create the best franken out of them!
There are still room to improvement though :)
I like the case of VSF, but dial and hands of ZZF (6 and 9 markers looks less fat).

Rolex-Submariner-Hulk-116610LV-2-600x391@2x.jpg

Which one did you get ?

Agnostic

Known Member
17/12/19
Read it :

We know clean factory made the best quality green ceramic bezel, VS factory uses the latest version of clean’s green ceramic bezel on their 116610LV, it is Clean-V3-1-10, which was just published in October, while the green ceramic bezel on ZZF 116610LV is not the latest, it is the old version Clean-V3-1-4 which clean factory released in April. The newest Clean-V3-1-10 ceramic bezel on VSF 116610LV is much better. Besides, VS factory uses genuine platinum coating on bezel markers to make them look closer to real watch, the bezel also has anti-fingerprint coating, so there will be no finger prints left during daily wearing. Whatever, after checking the bezel, if you want to buy a 116610LV replica, I recommend VSF first, then ZZF.

actually ZZ factory used the same bracelet as ARF, we know there is a factory that specially produces cases and bracelets for ARF, and ARF Rolex has the best finish on case and bracelet, this factory also works for ZZF now,

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Anybody with a VSF who can confirm the anti-fingerprint technology on the bezel insert?

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Anybody with a VSF who can confirm the anti-fingerprint technology on the bezel insert?

I did check this out today!

It's definitely not fingerprint 'proof'; you can leave a fingerprint mark. That said, it does actually seem to have something on it compared to other ceramic bezels I've got. I'd call it fingerprint resistant. The fingerprint you leave also wipes off well with the same finger and is less smudgy/streaky than if you do the same thing on a non-coated bezel.

I can't believe I'm writing this drivel.

Christopheran

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/20
Just ordered the VSF. Hope it meets my expectations. I’ve owned the gen hulk, but sold it when the value went higher than what I thought it was worth.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
I did check this out today!

It's definitely not fingerprint 'proof'; you can leave a fingerprint mark. That said, it does actually seem to have something on it compared to other ceramic bezels I've got. I'd call it fingerprint resistant. The fingerprint you leave also wipes off well with the same finger and is less smudgy/streaky than if you do the same thing on a non-coated bezel.

I can't believe I'm writing this drivel.

Ha! Made me giggle.

My findings are exactly the same as yours on the ZF.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
....used the same bracelet as ARF, we know there is a factory that specially produces cases and bracelets for ARF, and ARF Rolex has the best finish on case and bracelet, this factory also works for ZZF now,

I think there are inconsistencies with bracelet finishes. I got an ARF submariner bracelet and it has a good clasp and flip but the side links edges were very sharp, I had to refinish and soften them. The VSF I received had a better like genuine soft finish and a perfect clasp and flip.
im waiting on another VSF, LN this time, I hope it’s of the same standard as the LV.

Substar

16/9/20
Just thought I’d post this little piccie for those that think ZF cgs are wrong. One pic is a gen 114060 and the other my ZF. Look identical to me.
c4d8d9a019f97b96b240eb08048bc4e1.png

5b81626f3d21c7ed9c01f9a13b0088a1.jpg

Substar

16/9/20
You're happy with it and that's all that matters.

I’m just dispelling some of the myths created by photo lookers who never handle any of them! I’ll be selling it next week so I don’t really care less actually. :)
Out of curiosity which is gen?

Last edited:
Reactions: Roguetheory