• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Big Bang

OTKJ

Horology Curious
5/8/08
Hello!

What are the most accurate Hublot Big Bangs available? Do any use Swiss movements?

Thanks!

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Welcome to RWI,

There are very accurate HBB's available and our dealers listed can help you. There is a current thread listed here in the "Other REP Section" that shows a few releases side by side, V1 & V2. Do a little research and use the search button and you should find what you want.

Matt

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Hi,

Puretime also has a few from the very expensive to the lite version. I have 4 of my own and have bought two for friends as gifts. I jumped in hard when they all went for $600 plus and there was not a lite series. I here that the lite's are alright and only have one-sided AR etc.

http://www.puretimewatch.com/index.php?categoryID=74

Good luck, and read up. Check more dealers,

Matt

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
who is the dealer behind timesshop ? I dont like the HBB there...the big bang matt look like SH@!#

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
Sounds like you have a great start. One thing for sure - we talked about HBB's enough @ RWI for you to get some great info.

Good luck,

Matt

OTKJ

Horology Curious
5/8/08
Matt Watch said:
Sounds like you have a great start. One thing for sure - we talked about HBB's enough @ RWI for you to get some great info.

Good luck,

Matt
Matt,

Could use as much help as possible lol

This will be my first rep and I own many genuine watches curious what the quality of a rep can be and don't want to be turned off by the first one I buy.

It would be best if someone could give me a recommendation on which one to buy...

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
That's hard to do. It's a subjective hobby. You really need to look at the reviews and see what members are saying about HBB's and the dealers they choose. I have bought over 30-reps in the past 14 months and a few did not meet my expectations. This is the reality. Having said that, 28 have been great and about 10 of them stunning, including the HBB's. I purchased my RG from Angus. He was great. I paid big bucks. The watch is spot on. I am not saying that i know anything about his current patch. They look very nice. Many dealers here have found great HBB's for our members. Ruby has a watching finding service. She actually finds and checks the watches herself before sending to you. She sends you pictures of the item etc. I have used her service many times.

You really have to jump in yourself. All of us her have Gens and looked towards Reps to keep up the look while diverting the cash towards sharp rides etc.

Matt

Rogerthat

Renowned Member
6/11/06
I prefer PureTime for Big Bang models.
There are a couple of factories making this watch.

The ones with the engraved rotor to my knowledge all have screw in crowns which is incorrect.
All of PureTime (Angus's)has the correctpush in crown.
More importantly the quality of the real ceramic has been questioned in other posts on the screw in crown type and never on PureTime's real ceramic.

Gen Hublot is 28.8K
Other things to watch for and make a big price difference:
AR (none, single,double)

Oh, BTW none use Swiss movements, so don't ask the dealers that and if anyone selling it says the movement is Swiss run.

Cheers,
M

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
lolilol said:
Is timeshop a trusted seller?
Timeshop is on probation here because he is new to rwi and that is the process, but he has been around. Make sure you know if the hbb you're ordering has asian 21.6k or 28.8k.

jayFlyer

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/7/08
Think the 28.8k movement is worth the 120USD difference in price? I mean, the second dial on the Big Bang is awfully small, so the not-so-perfect sweep should hardly be visible. I'm more concered about the reliability of the slower mechanism. Anyone have some good advice?

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
It's not so much how visible the difference in movement between the 21.6 and 22.8 second hands, rather the reliability of the older 21.6k model. The experts say the 28.8k is a well made movement, problems arising from dirt or dry assembly. Personally, I'd pay the extra $ for the 28.8, but for a $120 difference, you might be looking at the difference between single-sided AR w/ the 21.6 movement vs double sided AR w/ the 28.8k. If that's the case, I would definitely pay the extra $120.

jayFlyer

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/7/08
That's just the thing - they both have double AR. In fact, the one that costs 120usd less even has the more accurate smooth rotor and "gold 750" engravings, all of which the more expensive watch doesn't have. See for yourself:

538$ Big Bang
http://www.timeshops.net/Big_Bang_Ultim ... mic_Rubber)__1861-2233.htm

658$ Big Bang
http://www.timeshops.net/BIG_BANG_Ceram ... 1-3529.htm

Leaning towards the ultimate v3 but am concerned about how bad the lo-beat movement really is.. If it craps on me, can I have it swapped later?

sonicwinter

Known Member
22/4/07
OTKJ said:
I've decided I really like the HBB all black could someone point me in the right direction?

narrowed it down to these 3

http://www.timeshops.net/HB3562_-_Big_B ... 4-1973.htm

http://www.timeshops.net/Big_Bang_Black ... 37-177.htm

http://www.timeshops.net/Big_Bang_Black ... 6-4777.htm

is it really worth it to pay double for the full ceramic case? Are there cheaper full ceramic HBB's available?

I believe on the all-black series, the date font and background are dark-ish colours (i.e. grey on black). So wearing these might be a dead giveaway, ceramic bezel notwithstanding.

The best HBB IMHO is the SS. Most members here will tell you it's one of the closest reps, if I'm not wrong. Just my 2 cents! :D