• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Big Bang SS Just Arrived and first little problems

RiverwindMDS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/6/06
Today my dream watch finally arrived, I really loved it from the first time I saw it.
But when it arrived my first big disappointment, one letter in the rotor falled down... But the words on the back with naked eyes is relly difficolt to see the difference with the original.

Then I decided to try to solve it myself opening the caseback:

Problem solved the best way I could...

And now some shots:

Look at the fantastic AR and unfortunately at the misaligned marker at 30.
Other pictures:

This is the part with some problems in tha buckle, it is too sharp and can cause some pain, I think in order to use it more comfortably I'll have to make it smoother:

At the end it is a stunning timepiece, with a really nica ar and some minor flaws. The rotor is so smooth you can barely hear it. It is the closer rep to 1:1 I have ever seen, and it is a real difficolt watch to copy...

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
It seems like almost every BB comes with some problem.

It's a shame cuz it's a great looking piece. Sorry about your rotor.

Joe

WatchDude13

Renowned Member
3/11/06
You did a fine job fixing it and the 30 marker looks fine.

Congrats and enjoy!

-WD

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
AHHHHHHH.... I sooooo want to order this watch. [smilie=cussing.gif]

But every review I see of it mentions a QC downfall that just isn't acceptable to me in this price range. :shock:

I mean, really now, for that type of scratch I can get a pretty good new gen or an even better preowned gen.... why the heck should I drop the cash on a rep that may arrive with issues?.... come on dealers FIX the hbb QC issues and I'll be buying one. :evil:

joeyz400

I saved a ton of $$$
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/8/06
Is it just me or is the N and the V in GENEVE on the rotor larger than the rest of the letters.

RiverwindMDS

25/6/06
They are a bit misaligne, but it is really difficolt to see with naked eyes.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
wear it well, all replicas usually have alignment problems here and there so dont worry , u can usually get them fixed fairly easily , i cant tell u how many PO dials i have fixed for alignment problems , lol

joe

RiverwindMDS

25/6/06
Good, now I see who can I ask for aligning for me a dial...
How much is aligning a dial.
The planet ocean are indecent, none of them are aligned.

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
Just when I thought it was safe to take the plunge... have to hold out longer I guess... :oops:

RiverwindMDS

25/6/06
Mine was shipped the 27 december, so it was from the first set. Now the qc is much better.

ArleighBurke

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/11/06
BB

I will wait 6-9 mon to when the price for that anchor comes down to a more reasonable $225 or so. Gimme a break.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Great watch..but too expensive for me at the moment....I'll wait....maybe one day there will have ceramic....

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
yannou69 said:
Great watch..but too expensive for me at the moment....I'll wait....maybe one day there will have ceramic....
Only 3 dealers have access to this watch, others dealers claim they can get but give you the run around (well not all, ruby told me straight out it was not a watch she had access to). Don't expect the price to come down soon... Ceramic will be here april 1st at a whopping price of $628 shipped, personally I was waiting for the ceramic also but at that price I think I'll pass.

My hbb that just arrived has no issues to report, the diamond chronomat that I just received has hands that are not aligned correctly (hour is spot on when minute hand is 15 minutes after the hour). Not a huge deal but is an inconvienence.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
supermanx said:
yannou69 said:
Only 3 dealers have access to this watch, others dealers claim they can get but give you the run around (well not all, ruby told me straight out it was not a watch she had access to). Don't expect the price to come down soon... Ceramic will be here april 1st at a whopping price of $628 shipped, personally I was waiting for the ceramic also but at that price I think I'll pass.

My hbb that just arrived has no issues to report, the diamond chronomat that I just received has hands that are not aligned correctly (hour is spot on when minute hand is 15 minutes after the hour). Not a huge deal but is an inconvienence.

So I still wait....Thks

tommy88888

Horology Curious
4/4/07
Re: Hublot Big Bang SS Just Arrived and first little problem

RiverwindMDS said:
Today my dream watch finally arrived, I really loved it from the first time I saw it.
But when it arrived my first big disappointment, one letter in the rotor falled down... But the words on the back with naked eyes is relly difficolt to see the difference with the original.

Then I decided to try to solve it myself opening the caseback:

Problem solved the best way I could...

And now some shots:

Look at the fantastic AR and unfortunately at the misaligned marker at 30.
that's ok! :D
Other pictures:

This is the part with some problems in tha buckle, it is too sharp and can cause some pain, I think in order to use it more comfortably I'll have to make it smoother:

At the end it is a stunning timepiece, with a really nica ar and some minor flaws. The rotor is so smooth you can barely hear it. It is the closer rep to 1:1 I have ever seen, and it is a real difficolt watch to copy...