• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Big Bang Sang Bleu Titanium Blue 45mm Rep Review

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain

Thx, my wrist is 17mm....have a Santos 40mm and AP RO 41mm which look and fit fine.....I also like a loose fit, so I might just go with the one you have....the blue will make a change coz most of mine are SS black dials, white dials...(AP blue dial) but this blue sand bleu would be out of my comfort zone in a good way, if you get me?

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Is it weird having the hour dial on the outside, minutes inside....must take some getting used to?

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Yes it's barely legible. You do get used to it though

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Pistebasher, you've gone n done it....I have ordered mine today King Gold!!!!! Can't wait to struggle lifting my left hand lol

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Haha, enjoy and post some wrist shots when it arrives!

Markaplan

9/10/20
Thank you for such a great review. I really like the complex design of the sang blue. Yesterday I was at the Hublot dealer and I am very impressed with the newer Sang Blue II. I am a fan of big complex watches and this one just rocked my brains.

Any idea where I can buy one? I checked many of the TDs website but couldn’t find one. Any advise will be appreciated.

I took a couple of pictures of the watch. It wears amazing on the wrist and feels like a million dollars.

43297956d593f00234cdc9563bc43896.jpg

a46ccfe5f03c04fd00be7f7d353230b2.jpg

7954f082dab4dce49622e3f9ee024535.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markaplan

9/10/20
Reactions: pistebasher

Markaplan

9/10/20
Hello everyone.

I want to buy the sang blue II. I just asked one of the TDs and they told me it’s only available from HBF factory.
The pictures look good. But I read earlier that this factory is not so good.
Any advise before I but it will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Link for the watch

https://biao6688.com/72275.html

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK

the rep hands are slightly rounded compared to gen under macro. Almost impossible to tell at wrist distance and the WWF SB has the same trait. Some of the teeth on the gears in the movement look more widely spaced than gen. Otherwise the HBF looks great.

Reactions: marcos98

Markaplan

9/10/20

the rep hands are slightly rounded compared to gen under macro. Almost impossible to tell at wrist distance and the WWF SB has the same trait. Some of the teeth on the gears in the movement look more widely spaced than gen. Otherwise the HBF looks great.

Great comparison shots. Thank you [mention]pistebasher [/mention]

Markaplan

9/10/20
Hello.
I just now checked with my TD and he assures me that only TWF makes the Sang Blue II.

Are they a good factory ? I never bought anything from them before and there isn’t much on them in the forums.

[mention]pistebasher [/mention] Any advise will be appreciated.

Thank you.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
TWF make some great watches (UN, IWC). They also make some stuff that could be better (Tudor). Overall they are pretty respectable. To those considering this watch I would ask, How big is your wrist? Because as well as being 45mm across the Sang Bleu II is nearly 17mm tall.
ZP0WCv.jpg

I think, therefore, only the biggest wrists will work with such a beast. To Markaplan I would also avoid the gold... weight will be very disappointing on the replica compared to the gen you tried!

Last edited:

Markaplan

9/10/20
TWF make some great watches (UN, IWC). They also make some stuff that could be better (Tudor). Overall they are pretty respectable. To those considering this watch I would ask, How big is your wrist? Because as well as being 45mm across the Sang Bleu II is nearly 17mm tall.
ZP0WCv.jpg

I think, therefore, only the biggest wrists will work with such a beast. To Markaplan I would also avoid the gold... weight will be very disappointing on the replica compared to the gen you tried!

My wrist size is 19 cm (7.5 inch). lol pretty big.

I appreciate your wise advise. I am ordering the one with the blue strap stainless steel. I never buy gold versions in reps for many reasons.

I will definitely go ahead and buy the watch and will post close up pictures after I receive it.

Thank you

marcos98

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/2/21
uff is beautiful I hope to have it soon in my jewelry Collection but this pandemic has really affected my income, I will have to wait a few months for it to settle down a bit and buy this relod beauty.

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
pistebasher (or others that have the WWF version) I have a quick question about this rep. What is the movement like - is there hacking and is there a "invisible" date setting since this is a date movement?
And also is the rotor noisy on this one? I am looking at the same and information is very scarce so I need to approach people like this :D
Hope you don't mind :)

Last edited:
Reactions: pistebasher

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
pistebasher (or others that have the WWF version) I have a quick question about this rep. What is the movement like - is there hacking and is there a "invisible" date setting since this is a date movement?
And also is the rotor noisy on this one? I am looking at the same and information is very scarce so I need to approach people like this :D
Hope you don't mind :)

Hacking seconds is pretty irrelevant when you can barely read the time my friend, but I will check tomorrow. Rotor is near silent on mine. There is definitely a useless click on the crown where a date should have been.

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
There is definitely a useless click on the crown where a date should have been.

Thank you for the reply!
However this is what I was dreading. I understand the corners that have to be cut to create a rep, but this one is just something I have a hard time dealing with. Do you have any experience with these new Sang Bleu 2.0 reps? At least they have a date complication so that won't be an issue. Seems that there's not a whole lot of love for Sang Bleu around here.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Thank you for the reply!
However this is what I was dreading. I understand the corners that have to be cut to create a rep, but this one is just something I have a hard time dealing with. Do you have any experience with these new Sang Bleu 2.0 reps? At least they have a date complication so that won't be an issue. Seems that there's not a whole lot of love for Sang Bleu around here.

Why are you dreading it? It's totally irrelevant as a part of the ownership experience. Just checked for you and there are NO hacking seconds. Which is, for me, quite fine given the seconds hand is a rotating spider's with no correlating idices. :p