• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot Big Bang for $900 anyone?

Obie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/08
dont buy, in my opinion without a doubt a scam. There is no way someone could pofit from selling at that price unless they where stolen, if so there is still no incentive because they could still sell for much higher with less suspicion.

More so a tell in fact is that there are no photos of the clear caseback (the real place to distinguish a hublot gen from fake)
I can see however that on the SS HBB that they hublot font looks too bold on the rotor ( the very obscure angle of the picture is should also raise an eyebrow).

If you want to buy a gen hublot, definitely buy from an AD, although Hublot is notorious for not giving discount on their watches. The hublot reps are so good these days that someone could easily make a few small mods to make it pass off to any unsuspecting buyer, and i dare say even some AD's.

If you want to buy a rep HBB then i recommened either Hont or T4D, both of which can be found in the dealers section.
The piece i am recieving from T4D should be near perfect and only need one mod (the engraving of the H and the Hublot on the rotor), the micro regulator is there (although i am pretty sure not functional) and it has the correct rotor bearing.

You can find information about Hublot fakes on their website under 'collection', then you will see what i mean by the rotor bearing, micro regulator and engraving..

Lezzare

Supporter
Certified
29/1/09
SG
I am not an expert in Hublot, but in my opinion: both auctions did not specify that the watch is authentic, pictures are unclear, pictures of box and warranty card unavailable, and finally, the sellers have low feedback score. Based on these findings, I wouldn't take the risk.

P_Diddy

23/6/09
GUARANTEED to be a rep, probably a poor quality one at that! :D

plus seller has only 5 reviews, needs at least 40 100% reviews where he has sold similar high end watches before.

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
$900 for a HBB?

personally... if i bought a GEN HBB and wanted to sell it... i would not be letting it go for $900. not to mention the pictures all suck and there is no mention of the box or warranty or instruction manual etc etc. very very dodgy!

drury

29/9/09
there is no such thing as a free lunch ;)

if something seems too good to be true, it is - period.