• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot BIG BANG Ceramic Bez RG CF 7750 Double AR 28,800bph

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
I have seen this Hublot on Timeshop.net's web site and i'm very interested in buying it,
HUBLOT-2.jpg

http://www.timeshops.net/BIG_BANG_Ceram ... 1-3529.htm
but know nothing about these rep's. Why such a large drop in price ???
sales price $1048 reduced to $588
has anyone bought this rep?
is it worth the money?
how close to the gen is this?

MrJones

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/7/07
Becouse ceramic bezels now go down with price, new Hublot all ceramic cases came on market , this is old model AND FIRST PRICE WAS FROM S-F.

jayFlyer

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/7/08
Hey, Sharrkey

The price drop is probably just a competition thing, given the fact that PureTime is selling this exact watch for a little over 600USD as well nowadays.

I too am about to order one of these. The problem i have with this version you linked is the engravings on the back. There is no "gold 750" and "titanium" markings. Plus the rotor is saw-tooth and the fine-adjuster is missing as with all high-beat movements. Still, it's a good price for a gorgeous watch.
However, if you're looking for accuracy, check out Mark's lo-beat offering. It's over 100USD cheaper and looks amazing. All the correct markings, smooth rotor, fine-adjuster, beautyful!

Food for thought ;)

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
So whats the link for that one?
jayFlyer said:
Hey, Sharrkey

The price drop is probably just a competition thing, given the fact that PureTime is selling this exact watch for a little over 600USD as well nowadays.

I too am about to order one of these. The problem i have with this version you linked is the engravings on the back. There is no "gold 750" and "titanium" markings. Plus the rotor is saw-tooth and the fine-adjuster is missing as with all high-beat movements. Still, it's a good price for a gorgeous watch.
However, if you're looking for accuracy, check out Mark's lo-beat offering. It's over 100USD cheaper and looks amazing. All the correct markings, smooth rotor, fine-adjuster, beautyful!

Food for thought ;)

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
so if i'm looking for the best Hublot rep for sale with our dealers, what is the best one?
is the high beat movement better?
what has all the correct markings?
best strap, correct dial ect,
open to sugestions :lol:

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
It's a better deal at $500.00 than the kool aid drinkers that bought it for $1000.00+

If you are one of those, I feel bad for ya..... a little. I guess being a slave to trend is always costly.

To me it never was an apealing watch and is still not @ $500.00

Definately go ceramic but get the best version you can afford and you will be happy. I have bought watches and wish I got the one with "X" or "y" instead of attempting to mod and summarily butcher or trying to talk myself into saying, "it's no big deal I can live with it"

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
so in your opinion which is the best to go for?
watchbuff said:
It's a better deal at $500.00 than the kool aid drinkers that bought it for $1000.00+

If you are one of those, I feel bad for ya..... a little. I guess being a slave to trend is always costly.

To me it never was an apealing watch and is still not @ $500.00

Definately go ceramic but get the best version you can afford and you will be happy. I have bought watches and wish I got the one with "X" or "y" instead of attempting to mod and summarily butcher or trying to talk myself into saying, "it's no big deal I can live with it"

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
sharrkey said:
So whats the link for that one?
jayFlyer said:
Hey, Sharrkey

Food for thought ;)

I'd like to know as well.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
jayFlyer said:
Hey, Sharrkey

Food for thought ;)

I would take the sawtooth rotor and missing adjuster to have the high beat movement on a $500+ dollar watch.

jayFlyer

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/7/08
sharrkey said:
so if you where to decide on these two, which is the better buy & why?
http://www.timeshops.net/Big_Bang_Ultim ... mic_Rubber)__1861-2233.htm

http://www.timeshops.net/BIG_BANG_Ceram ... 1-3529.htm

We're starting to run in circles now. Eventually, it is up to you to decide what you value more and what is the price you are willing to pay. The Ultimate V3 is better in terms of accuracy but has the low-beat movement. The more expensive one looks slightly less accurate but has a better movement, although I keep reading from more and more people that much of this hi-beat, lo-beat thing is pure hype and a nice way for dealers to justify a big price increase. Again, you have to decide on your own.

mishka

Known Member
14/11/06
It's such a huge premium for the high beat version...just seems ridiculous. Seems like you can't get a HBB that has all the things we want for a decent price! :roll: