• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot 4000 diver strap options OWNERS RESPOND

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
So I was bored this morning, and decided to get to an old project.

Do you have a Hublot 4000 diver that you can’t use because the strap broke years ago? I do. Never really got around to it and straps cost like $250-500.

Very sad! Although I see some options for the smaller unico big bang watches, like this adapter that may or may not work if sewn into a custom leather strap
It just didn’t seem close enough. Maybe one of the $60-80 28mm straps would work, although the adapter is a lot smaller. Those weren’t available years ago when mine broke.

You know what they do make TONS of 28-30mm straps for? The big AP ROOs.

(that’s only a 28mm one, all I had on hand)
So I made a dozen prototypes or so and finally have this!

If I can find a way to get these made from metal for a reasonable price, I should be able to use any of the dozens of AP style straps and enjoy this watch again.

What are other people doing for strap options? I don’t really want to buy an expensive gen strap when I could use multiple styles, if these adapters existed. Getting something like this made is usually cheaper at quantity, the majority of the expense in CNC is setup. I just don’t have my own machine shop anymore. Would others be interested?

It might just work for a long time as a print, I made this in red to be visible for photos but in black it would be invisible. I’ve got some carbon fiber nylon that could work. Prints would be basically free.

Am I missing an option already out there?

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Just found out JLCPCB does CNC now. I might be able to get these in aluminum for like $20. Be back in a few weeks with updates!

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
Very cool project. I have a hub 4000 that needs a new strap as well and this looks like a very promising idea. Would the original hub buckle fit onto the AP strap?

DesertAdventures

16/9/17
Very cool project. I have a hub 4000 that needs a new strap as well and this looks like a very promising idea. Would the original hub buckle fit onto the AP strap?
Yeah looks like there are 28 and 30 mm straps in a hundred colors and styles with a 24mm buckle end. This one I have I just didn’t feel like taking the pin out to swap buckles, but there are $4 Ali express options all the way up to the $150 velcro rm style strap. Even when my strap worked I was on the last hole, it’s just too small. Can’t wait to finally play with this watch again!

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
Yeah looks like there are 28 and 30 mm straps in a hundred colors and styles with a 24mm buckle end. This one I have I just didn’t feel like taking the pin out to swap buckles, but there are $4 Ali express options all the way up to the $150 velcro rm style strap. Even when my strap worked I was on the last hole, it’s just too small. Can’t wait to finally play with this watch again!
Count me interested in a few pieces

colorao01

10/3/10
Nice, i have one diver, and this is a great idea.

threads like this are the reason why I love this forum.