• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to remove AP buckle from its regular strap?

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
Lets say we buy new diver v6 with additional xs strap and as i pay attention the xs strap doesnt come with buckle
so how u guys remove the buckle and its spring bar from regular strap in order to instal it on xs?
or
basically we need to buy another buckle set for it?

:thinking:

theskull

Renowned Member
6/8/13
You don't need an other buckle, if you buy the diver v6 with the XS strap you can ask the dealer to install the buckle on the XS for you but It's not that hard, better to have the proper tool, but it's the same way as when you take of the bracelet on a Rolex..

I'm not home so i can't post somes pics to show you but i'm sure someone will explain in an better english than me before i get back from work..

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
edute2u9.jpg

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=192436

nutscape

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/14
Hey guys, sorry to ask but what is the difference of the xs vs standard strap in terms of lenght ?

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
Here Chris explained what i meant in one pic! ;)

how u make the buckle and spring bar off from the strap??
so far i know, theres no way to remove it as there is no hole, no gap, nothing.
just like if its installed alr then no way to take it off unless i slice the rubber lug abit, am i correct or im too noob?

Hey guys, sorry to ask but what is the difference of the xs vs standard strap in terms of lenght ?

xs is for minion
standard is for normal dude

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
how u make the buckle and spring bar off from the strap??
so far i know, theres no way to remove it as there is no hole, no gap, nothing.
just like if its installed alr then no way to take it off unless i slice the rubber lug abit, am i correct or im too noob?

xs is for minion
standard is for normal dude
hahahhahaaa hay i use just my nail to push the spring bar to come off simple as that. (btw i supply this pring bars too) I liked the way you described the rubber straps hahahhaaa

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
Lets say we buy new diver v6 with additional xs strap and as i pay attention the xs strap doesnt come with buckle
so how u guys remove the buckle and its spring bar from regular strap in order to instal it on xs?
or

yeah buy another buckle from me bro!!! hahahhaaa juz kidding! NO you don't need another buckle, but just use your nail to push it off the buckle! (unless your nail too short, use a flat head screw driver or a springbar tool)

i can't believe you asked this....

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Just push the strap a bit and than you have a gap between buckle and strap

9yqy2y4y.jpg

The gap is just big enough for a springbar tool

me2emagu.jpg

vamu2apu.jpg

ujagu2es.jpg

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
yeah buy another buckle from me bro!!! hahahhaaa juz kidding! NO you don't need another buckle, but just use your nail to push it off the buckle! (unless your nail too short, use a flat head screw driver or a springbar tool)

i can't believe you asked this....

Just push the strap a bit and than you have a gap between buckle and strap

9yqy2y4y.jpg

The gap is just big enough for a springbar tool

me2emagu.jpg

vamu2apu.jpg

ujagu2es.jpg

Im so noob LOL and thanks for the answer folks

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
or

At first I thought you were referring to the AP deployment clasp till I saw it was the regular buckle. I would have assumed it's straight forward and to be honest same with every watch that uses a regular buckle ??