• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

how to pay hont

marcus4004

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/8/09
Hi,

Just about to purchase a BCE and i am wondering which service offers the cheapest rates? If it is option 2(moneybookers) how do i pay as it is in Chinese ?

MARCUS

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
I just paid via credit card and paid the 5% fee. I hate moneybookers and bank transfers take too long. If you think about it, I bought a $200 watch and paid $10 for Credit Card (whoop de doo, 10 bucks) and the watch still came in $90 than the other dealers out there.

Just my $.02 Pay however you want but there are horror stories with moneybookers about them being a pain in the butt.

beachcat

Known Member
30/7/09
I had some problems on cto using a pre loaded amount on a debit card.
Wouldn't go through.......so I sent Hont the $$ WU.....
I received the watch in only 5 days :shock:

Perfect watch and trust worthy dealer

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
beachcat said:

5 days? wow. Where are you and how was it shipped?

marcus4004

9/8/09
Thanks guys I will now place order by credit card. I will give updates

iphreak

Renowned Member
28/8/09
Yep, I had an issue with CC as well. I really wish he would take PayPal and I would purchase all my reps from him.

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
iphreak said:
Yep, I had an issue with CC as well. I really wish he would take PayPal and I would everything from him.

He says he's working on it but I dont know how old that is or if he's still planning on it. If he did, I think every purchase would be through hont. Great prices, great communication...only a small language barrier but it doesnt get in the way.

IF YOU READ THIS HONT. SET UP YOUR PAYPAL AND WE'LL MAKE YOU A SMALL FORTUNE!

iphreak

Renowned Member
28/8/09
I sent him and email they other day regarding a particular piece. He responded within hours, and in that email I asked him about PayPal. He said that he "would not take." I don't know if that was a partial language barrier or if he has just decided not to take it at all.

I purchased my piece from another dealer only because Hont could not take PP. Hopefully he will do something about that :)

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
It's really not that big of a deal to me. I'm fine with credit card but would prefer PP. Even with the extra fees on CC, he's still a damn good deal.

marcus4004

9/8/09
Just paid by CC and awaiting him to receive the payment. I think paypal would be very good. But since ebay owns paypal and they are strict on replicas i think it would be a slippery slope...

MARCUS

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
PayPal is very easy to use. However, they are in no way friendly to the rep industry. Also, dealers are reluctant to use it because-

1. They pay the fees when you buy something.
2. It is too easy for a buyer to file a PP dispute. When they do, PP freezes the dealers account and he/she loses all access to his/her money in that account for whatever period of time PP wishes.

We should be very thankful for the few dealers that do accept it...they are taking a risk on our behalf.

beachcat

Known Member
30/7/09
They only freeze the amount in question.........
The item has to be returned and once the return delivery verification is made the money is returned to the buyer's account.

The real problem is that it wouldn't take long for Paypal to realize what is being sold.

marcus4004

9/8/09
since using a credit card wouldnt work how much more would it cost to use WU? the watch total is 320usd.

beachcat

Known Member
30/7/09
Marcus it cost me 14 dollars to send 280 from Florida.
btw.......I wouldn't hesitate a bit about fronting Hont the money.
I received my watch in 5 days with EMS.

A perfect experience in an imperfect world :D

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
beachcat said:
They only freeze the amount in question.........
The item has to be returned and once the return delivery verification is made the money is returned to the buyer's account.

The real problem is that it wouldn't take long for Paypal to realize what is being sold.

PayPal will freeze an entire account balance for any reason they think is correct. They are not a bank and follow their own set of rules. I sold high value comic books on Ebay for several years. I lost access to my entire account balance, not just the disputed amount, for almost three weeks on one occasion when a buyer from another country decided to lie to PayPal and state the comic book I sent him was not authentic. Ultimately, I had to prove to PayPal that it was "authentic". During that process, they froze my entire account.

jad648

25/8/09
beachcat said:

I'm just curious...how is it possible to receive an order in only 5 days from China, unless you're very close to China. I read on one of the posts on this forum that Aug 26 and Sept 3rd are holidays in China, so I'm not concerned that Hont has not shipped the order yet, but even if he had, does it only take 5 days to receive it? I live in the US.

sandbrown

25/8/09
I paid Hont through WU. I paid on Friday the 28th. On Sunday the 30th he sent me the pics of the watch for approval. He shipped my watch on Monday the 31st and then sent me the tracking number on Tuesday the 1st. I have been tracking it and I guess it will be here either next Tuesday or Wednesday. According to my understanding of the EMS tracking it should be in route to the US. I do think it is possible to get your watch within 5 days from China if you live on the west cost. I live on the east coast so it takes a little longer.

Y8T8

Known Member
20/11/08
To my knowledge there are no holidays from 28 May (Tuen Ng Festival) until the 1 October (National day).

beachcat

Known Member
30/7/09
jad648 said:
beachcat said:

I'm just curious...how is it possible to receive an order in only 5 days from China, unless you're very close to China. I read on one of the posts on this forum that Aug 26 and Sept 3rd are holidays in China, so I'm not concerned that Hont has not shipped the order yet, but even if he had, does it only take 5 days to receive it? I live in the US.

I wish I could tell you but I am not in that business......

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
jad648 said:
beachcat said:

I'm based in the UK and often get packages from Hont after 5 days. It's normally about 6-7 but sometimes they are quicker. I have not used any other dealer for the last 3 years - why would you. Everything is done better than the others, everything.

His Moneybookers has been frozen so at the moment it is either WU or CC. WU is silly money for us in the UK so I am going to have to go down the CC route now as I buy a lot of watches from him. Im not bothered though. At one point I owed him over $100 and he just said - pay it to me with your next order. He's a class act.