• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HOW TO - A2836 date alignement

tomtom1009

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/20
Hi friends,

I recently saw here some qc pix of the tudor black bay gmt from zf with misaligned dial and date.

I had the same problem with my zf tudor black bay gmt even if my qc pics looked perfect and everything, bezel insert, dial and date was perfectly aligned.

When I received the watch I noticed that the date was not centered in the date window and that the dial was also not aligned anymore.

Therefore I opened the watch to check the screws and they were not tight enough so the movement could slightly move inside the watch case.

So i did some screw adjustments and found out something strange about the A2836 movement and dial mounting.

On this watch the dial is not directly attached to the movement but just to the spacer ring who sits around the movement. The movement itself is attached with two screws on the spacer which is held by additional two screws in the watch case.

Here a drawing for better understanding :

If you want to align the dial or date you can easily do it by yourself without being an watchsmith or have some special skills :

Step 1 : Take your tudor black bay gmt with A2836 movement.

Step 2 : Use a ball from amazon to open the back case.

Step 3 : You need a screwdriver for this adjustment.

Step 4 : Check if your bezel insert is centered on the watch between the lugs.

Step 5 : There are 4 screws you need to work on for this adjustement.

Step 6 : To align the dial you need to loose slightly the two screws on the outside and then you can gently turn the movement assembly in the right direction.

You can apply force with the screwdriver on these two spots.

Check the right position of the dial.

Step 7 : To align the date in the date window you need to loose slightly the two screws on the inside and then you can gently turn the movement in the right direction.

You can apply force with the screwdriver on these two spots.

Check the right position of the date.

Step 8 : PAY ATTENTION TO JUST MOVE THE MOVEMT BY MAX. 1-2MM NOT MORE BECAUSE IF YOU FORCE TO MUCH YOU RISC TO BREAK THE STEM. THIS ADJUSTMENT ONLY NEED VERY SLIGHT TURNS (< 1MM) NOT MORE.

Step 9 : After everything is adjusted and in position make sure to tighten all 4 screws so that the movement can’t rotate anymore.

And you are done :)

I hope this tutorial can help you out to aligne the date on your A2836 movement.

Thx.