• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How many of you guys have had customproblems in EU?

robc_uk

25/11/06
Four packages received OK in London,UK. All were sent with EMS from China (From Andrew & Silix).

I've been advised NOT to use Fedex 0r DHL as their own scanning machines are better and my stuff is more likely to be 'flagged' as their checkers are more alert (I think this means that they are more likely to lose their jobs if they don't see the test 'bomb' or fake drug shipments sent by Head Office :shock: )

I only order one or two watches/lighters in any order AND they are delivered to my business address (BIG International Organisation in Canary Wharf).

So far no problems, one package sat in Limbo (left China but didn't 'arrive' in UK for a week).

They've all been packaged as described above, packed flat with thin bubble pack in an EMS carboard Envelope, and all have been fine upon opening.

Hope this helps

Rob

NAVIGATER

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/10/06
One watch was held by customs in belgium it was shipped via TNT from China
Other one was shipped from China with EMS held by customs
3 other watches came with EMS without any problems
2 watches from UK no problem
one watch from italy private deal no roblem
one from ruby with registerdair mail no problem same watch you are waiting for!!!!
one watch from malaysia with registerd air mail no problem

Crossing fingers for you

Greetings Navi :wink:

mullerhawk

Known Member
22/3/07
Ohh,

Now im getting nervous. I got my first PO inbound from Joshua to Sweden. I only have experience with EMS before (not replicas tough!) and that seems to work fine. But now it's shipped with FedEx. I hope they don't have the big radar on here. Have anyone in Sweden / Scandinavia got their replicas confiscaded by customs?

Mike

FedeROLEX

Horology Curious
2/9/06
Italy
As far as Italy is concerned, from outside the EU, I have received several shipments from China (TNT or FedEx) and Malaysia (International Registered Airmail) without any customs problems.
The only shipments I had problems with were sent with EMS and/or improperly tagged as "watch".
Never tried EMS after the first seizure, other than for an SS oyster bracelet, sent out from Taiwan with EMS (and tagged accordingly) and arrived without problems.

For the sake of information, purchasing counterfeit goods in Italy is a criminal offence and it is subject to trial at court and fines starting from 3,000€.

My two (euro)cents.

Garablaster

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/07
At the moment, 6 packets consignment held for inspection by customs for 5 days, shipped by tnt in Belgium, transit EU zone (of a joint purchase) :( waiting.....

anyone with the same problem?.... :?

Goldenlake

Known Member
16/3/07
NAVIGATER said:
One watch was held by customs in belgium it was shipped via TNT from China
Other one was shipped from China with EMS held by customs
3 other watches came with EMS without any problems
2 watches from UK no problem
one watch from italy private deal no roblem
one from ruby with registerdair mail no problem same watch you are waiting for!!!!
one watch from malaysia with registerd air mail no problem

Crossing fingers for you

Greetings Navi :wink:

Hey!
Thanks mate!

Nice collection!

/Lake

Goldenlake

Known Member
16/3/07
rcherry_uk said:
Four packages received OK in London,UK. All were sent with EMS from China (From Andrew & Silix).

I've been advised NOT to use Fedex 0r DHL as their own scanning machines are better and my stuff is more likely to be 'flagged' as their checkers are more alert (I think this means that they are more likely to lose their jobs if they don't see the test 'bomb' or fake drug shipments sent by Head Office :shock: )

I only order one or two watches/lighters in any order AND they are delivered to my business address (BIG International Organisation in Canary Wharf).

So far no problems, one package sat in Limbo (left China but didn't 'arrive' in UK for a week).

They've all been packaged as described above, packed flat with thin bubble pack in an EMS carboard Envelope, and all have been fine upon opening.

Hope this helps

Rob

Ok Rob! I changed from EMS to TNT, hope this will help!

/Lake

Goldenlake

Known Member
16/3/07
FedeROLEX said:
As far as Italy is concerned, from outside the EU, I have received several shipments from China (TNT or FedEx) and Malaysia (International Registered Airmail) without any customs problems.
The only shipments I had problems with were sent with EMS and/or improperly tagged as "watch".
Never tried EMS after the first seizure, other than for an SS oyster bracelet, sent out from Taiwan with EMS (and tagged accordingly) and arrived without problems.

For the sake of information, purchasing counterfeit goods in Italy is a criminal offence and it is subject to trial at court and fines starting from 3,000€.

My two (euro)cents.

Fines from 3000euro? That´s like 25 grand in my country! Sick!

/Lake

Centurion1

Horology Curious
27/3/07
I live in Norway too. Received a watch from England a couple of weeks ago. The watch was seized at customs at first, and i had to pay a little fee (approx. € 25) to get it.

robc_uk

25/11/06
FedeROLEX said:

My two (euro)cents.

It's fun to watch this in practise. In Venice we watched the street vendors selling knock off handbags and the Guardia di Finanza simply wait round the corner and then confiscate them off the poor tourist as they walk away :shock:

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
rcherry_uk said:
FedeROLEX said:

My two (euro)cents.

It's fun to watch this in practise. In Venice we watched the street vendors selling knock off handbags and the Guardia di Finanza simply wait round the corner and then confiscate them off the poor tourist as they walk away :shock:

Not really...????

robc_uk

25/11/06
Really, both they and the Carabinieri move these guys on,but they are only breaking the law if the bag has any logos or trademarks on them.
They often sell you the bag and then give you a little packet with the metal badge with a bit of double sided tape.

Or, if you're lucky they'll skuttle down a sotoporteghi and glue the 'logo' on before stuffing it in a black carrier bag and dropping it by your feet (so they don't pass it to you).

But then you'll see the italian stallholder openly selling conterfeit football shirts.

Rob

who2R

Known Member
9/3/07
I like Europe but looks like Govt in EU is really not a good place for replica stuff. Feel bad about you guys.

robc_uk

25/11/06
who2R said:
I like Europe but looks like Govt in EU is really not a good place for replica stuff. Feel bad about you guys.

I suppose it's closer to home, Europe is quite small and countries like Italy have neighbours like Switzerland & Austria.

I wonder where a lot of the Gen manufacturers are based??

Rob

FedeROLEX

Horology Curious
2/9/06
Italy
Goldenlake said:
FedeROLEX said:

My two (euro)cents.

Fines from 3000euro? That´s like 25 grand in my country! Sick!

/Lake
I think 3000€ is 2,000 quid (2 grand, 2,000 GBP) roughly, which is a lot!
However, with a "clever" custom declaration it is likely you can get away with it!