• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How low can you go!

restandrelaxation

Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
So my self appointed mission is to see just how cheap I can get a rep that I would comfortably wear in public, I've been planning on writing this for quite a while and I've gathered quite a collection of cheap reps, I'm going to update the thread as I go.

Tomorrow I'll be taking a picture of the first batch of reps, then I'll pick one and discuss it, my thoughts on it etc.

As more arrive and I can assure you they will as I'm addicted to buying rubbish! I'll add a photo and review.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
I highly doubt you can beat MY absolute POS moonswatch that's made of metal (it's heavy) that's PAINTED yellow with a crooked flat colored dial.
You can even tell from just seeing it that the base metal color is black because the spray paint job was uneven =D

• Wow
Reactions: restandrelaxation

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

restandrelaxation

Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
I highly doubt you can beat MY absolute POS moonswatch that's made of metal (it's heavy) that's PAINTED yellow with a crooked flat colored dial.
You can even tell from just seeing it that the base metal color is black because the spray paint job was uneven =D
Oh I'm pretty sure I can give it a run for it's money!🤣🤣

mightynimrod

7/3/09
Lincoln - UK
This doesn't exist without pics :p

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
I have a nasty habit of buying REALLY crappy GMT's then taking them apart- never ever seeing the same construction twice and never ever getting them back in one piece. So I am unable to show any that I would wear in public- but I thought I would show off a couple of world class crap bezel inserts..

Here are our contestants...

Now, now..don't get excited boys- these baby's are all mine- bought and paid for...

so...contestant number one-

This one is as if someone asked me, "would you like a bezel insert with the numbers painted the same shade as the walls of your first dorm room??" . A real stunner.

here is number two-

I call this lovely shade on the numerals "tuberculosis sputum".

And last but certainly not least is our Rhapsody in Green Goddess:

I believe the nickname for the watch sporting this bad boy is "The Panty Dropper".

All of the above will be available for sale to super double secret Patron supporters only- Sorry no PayPal- Kruggerands only.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I have a nasty habit of buying REALLY crappy GMT's then taking them apart- never ever seeing the same construction twice and never ever getting them back in one piece. So I am unable to show any that I would wear in public- but I thought I would show off a couple of world class crap bezel inserts..

Here are our contestants...

Now, now..don't get excited boys- these baby's are all mine- bought and paid for...

so...contestant number one-

This one is as if someone asked me, "would you like a bezel insert with the numbers painted the same shade as the walls of your first dorm room??" . A real stunner.

here is number two-

I call this lovely shade on the numerals "tuberculosis sputum".

And last but certainly not least is our Rhapsody in Green Goddess:

I believe the nickname for the watch sporting this bad boy is "The Panty Dropper".

All of the above will be available for sale to super double secret Patron supporters only- Sorry no PayPal- Kruggerands only.
The urine color on the last one is amazing. Don't see patina like that unless it's "pre-raid"

• Haha

restandrelaxation

Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
First installment incoming, first I'll explain the format I'm going to use.

The headline. One liner description.

The product. A short description of what was ordered.

The image(s) Self explanatory

A slightly more detailed look at what I have been sent including more images if relevant.

Would I wear it in public? Simple yes/no answer.

restandrelaxation

Certified
2/3/23
Northern Ireland
Buy two get Wum free!

I ordered two moonswatch reps from Ali Express for the hefty sum of £4.62

Here's what I got.

Three I hear you say! That's right I ordered two and received three, two reps and a wum. But on further inspection you will notice one is not a rep at all..... Rather an homage named Omsan, now I might have been unlucky and got the one they made to take the pics for Ali, but more likely is some kid somewhere was smoking some shit when he printed these.

About the watches. The three are basically of the same design so I'll just cover them as one.

Case
This is actually as good if not better than some of the other moonswatch reps I've had. Domed plastic crystal, and the texture and look of the material used is very good, despite being the complete wrong colour and I mean a million miles away! The pushers are not functional, the crown does actually adjust the time but isn't branded. The caseback is just printed including the battery cover.

Dial and hands.
Printed dials, non functioning chrono, colours a bit off but, since the reps with moving chronos are all wrong anyhow this isn't such a bad thing.
The hands themselves are actually very well made but again the colours are a mile off.

Movement
Very basic quartz sl68 movement, it ticks.... LOUD! It's right up there with the most basic of movements but it keeps time so at least that's something. This will actually work for the purpose it was built, to keep time.

Strap. Pretty much the same design strap that comes on all the moonswatch reps but these have no texture, just a basic (wrong colour) faux leather looking velcro thing with a plastic (different colour from the case🤣🤣) loop.

I'd score these a solid 3/10.
This is based solely on the fact that they actually work, keep time and require very little maintenance. If the colours had been right I'd have scored higher as these cases feel closer to gen than any other moonswatch rep I own.

Would I wear these on public. NO
I can't imagine I'd ever wear anything like this at home let alone in public. I will likely give them to my nephews.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TESLA760

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
Buy two get Wum free!

I ordered two moonswatch reps from Ali Express for the hefty sum of £4.62

Here's what I got.

Three I hear you say! That's right I ordered two and received three, two reps and a wum. But on further inspection you will notice one is not a rep at all..... Rather an homage named Omsan, now I might have been unlucky and got the one they made to take the pics for Ali, but more likely is some kid somewhere was smoking some shit when he printed these.

About the watches. The three are basically of the same design so I'll just cover them as one.

Case
This is actually as good if not better than some of the other moonswatch reps I've had. Domed plastic crystal, and the texture and look of the material used is very good, despite being the complete wrong colour and I mean a million miles away! The pushers are not functional, the crown does actually adjust the time but isn't branded. The caseback is just printed including the battery cover.

Dial and hands.
Printed dials, non functioning chrono, colours a bit off but, since the reps with moving chronos are all wrong anyhow this isn't such a bad thing.
The hands themselves are actually very well made but again the colours are a mile off.

Movement
Very basic quartz sl68 movement, it ticks.... LOUD! It's right up there with the most basic of movements but it keeps time so at least that's something. This will actually work for the purpose it was built, to keep time.

Strap. Pretty much the same design strap that comes on all the moonswatch reps but these have no texture, just a basic (wrong colour) faux leather looking velcro thing with a plastic (different colour from the case🤣🤣) loop.

I'd score these a solid 3/10.
This is based solely on the fact that they actually work, keep time and require very little maintenance. If the colours had been right I'd have scored higher ad these cases feel closer to gen than any other moonswatch rep I own.

Would I wear these on public. NO
I can't imagine I'd ever wear anything like this at home let alone in public. I will likely give them to my nephews.
Made me think of those no logo subs on aliexpress