• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do you order with Puretime?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
No tracking number yet. It has been 4 days since I approved QC. They said the watch should ship out that same day.

I emailed earlier asking for a status on tracking number, currently awaiting reply.

As it's a very busy time so we may not update it under your account immediately but the order has been shipped out as promised. So feel free to send us an email if you have not recieved the tracking yet. Thank you

Reactions: ShivM

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
As it's a very busy time so we may not update it under your account immediately but the order has been shipped out as promised. So feel free to send us an email if you have not recieved the tracking yet. Thank you

Yes, my watch shipped out on the 6th of March, but the tracking department was just too busy to send tracking info.

They emailed it to me today. Looking forward to a smooth shipping process, hopefully!

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Yes, my watch shipped out on the 6th of March, but the tracking department was just too busy to send tracking info.

They emailed it to me today. Looking forward to a smooth shipping process, hopefully!

Thank you for cooperation. We hope you can recieve the package soon

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
I received tracking information. The watch cleared customs on 3/8/2021 and has not had any new shipping activity since then.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I received tracking information. The watch cleared customs on 3/8/2021 and has not had any new shipping activity since then.

Everything should be all good. Please give it a few more days. Shipping is a bit slow at the moment.

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
As an update, here is the shipping progress thus far:

2/23/2021: Order placed on PureTime website
2/24/2021: Payment completed via Transferwise
3/1/2021: QC pictures received
3/2/2021: QC pictures GL'd
3/4/2021: 4PX picked up my parcel
3/8/2021: Parcel arrived at Chicago O'Hare (ORD) and cleared customs same day as arrival
3/15/2021: DHL eCommerce received my parcel in Grand Prarie, Texas (there was absolutely no update between 3/8 and 3/15, but my parcel was indeed in transit from Illinois to Texas anyway)

Estimated delivery is now anticipated on 3/22/2021, but I have a feeling it will arrive sooner because Grand Prarie is only about 3-4 hours from me via truck. DHL will hand off to USPS for last-mile delivery.

If the package arrives on the estimated delivery date of 3/22, that will be exactly one month from the time I placed the order to the time I received the order. If it arrives sooner, that puts me at 3 weeks and some change.

Overall, I've been pleased so far. The only thing that bothers me is the lack of shipping updates from 3/8 to 3/15 after my package cleared customs in the US. 4PX is notoriously awful at providing shipping updates after the parcel hits the US, this is just well known of them.

If you are in the same boat as me, where your package hits the US and all of a sudden shipping updates just stop, be assured that your parcel is still moving and you should receive an update sometime around a week after it hits the US. During the pandemic, this period of time was 3 weeks, so I'm happy to see that the backlog is lessening and the waiting time for updates after hitting the US is down to one week from three weeks.

Here if anybody has any questions, but I'm anxious over the next week or so to finally have the watch in my hands soon!

Last edited:

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
ShivM, I am also in the DFW area and am watching this thread closely as my choice will also be puretime and transferwise when I decide to order. Thanks for these updates, much appreciated!!
ABT

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
ShivM, I am also in the DFW area and am watching this thread closely as my choice will also be puretime and transferwise when I decide to order. Thanks for these updates, much appreciated!!
ABT

Glad to know that this thread is serving some purpose! As my post said, the one part of the process that I've been annoyed with so far is the one week of time from when my parcel reached the US to today. In that week, there was absolutely no communication about the parcel yet the parcel was still in transit from Illinois to Texas. As long as you can handle one week of radio silence, it should be a smooth and stress-free process. I will admit, in that week, I got quite anxious and frustrated; but, I am also rather impatient relative to the average person.

Wishing you the best when you do order!

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
That's really great news! Hopefully you will recieve your package more faster than expected.

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
I received the watch today and it has a mechanical defect. The time displayed cannot be changed. The date can be changed without issue. The hands move, but they only move on the time that the watch was, I cannot change it to my local time.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
I received the watch today and it has a mechanical defect. The time displayed cannot be changed. The date can be changed without issue. The hands move, but they only move on the time that the watch was, I cannot change it to my local time.

Please email us with a short video if possible. We will check for you.

ShivM

Horology Curious
14/2/20
Please email us with a short video if possible. We will check for you.

Disregard, I got it figured out! I was being careful with the watch as to not break it, and just didn’t pull the dial out to the right position.

quite pleased with the watch based on what I’ve seen of it so far. Looking forward to getting a better look tomorrow in the sunlight. Will post my final thoughts soon, along with pics!

Atlas_Shrugged

Known Member
5/11/20
SoCal/Salt Lake City
Some advice coming from somebody relatively new to rep watches and having ordered about 10 in the time I have been on RWI is not to micro manage the process. It will drive you nuts. Sometimes you get QC pics in a day, sometimes seven. Sometimes you get tracking in a couple of days sometimes it is five. And don’t get me started on tracking the shipment. That can be all over the place. This isn’t the fault of the TD, just the nature of the rep business. BTW, I was in your shoes on my first order. Constantly checking my email and tracking. By order two or three I just sat back and let the process do it’s thing.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Disregard, I got it figured out! I was being careful with the watch as to not break it, and just didn’t pull the dial out to the right position.

quite pleased with the watch based on what I’ve seen of it so far. Looking forward to getting a better look tomorrow in the sunlight. Will post my final thoughts soon, along with pics!

Great, glad to know it's not a problem with the watch. Enjoy your watch