• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How did you first find rwi?????

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
If I hadn't found found the rep forums, I would be a richer man today.

These rep forums are a two edged sword. They start out by saving you from throwing away money on bad fakes from scammers and in the end cost you your savings by addicting you to high quality reps!

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
Oh lord.

He has been selling watches to you guys that he gets from a seller on his original "scam list",a list of watch dealers you can find by just doing a google search,thats all he did at the time.

Dave.

Oh,and i found RWI thru RWG1,to which fakey and myself joined around the same time.

How do you know? How was it possible that his seller custom made me a fantasy red dial sub with no cyclops? Your saying Fakey didn't put that watch together for me?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I refuse to believe Fakey is pulling a huge scam. He built several for me and all had a noticeably better build quality than most reps at higher prices.
Also, when I needed a new bezel for one of his builds, I had it in 2 business days USPS. How could he do that if he didn't have the part on hand? And why would he have the part on hand if he's not building?

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Oh lord.

He has been selling watches to you guys that he gets from a seller on his original "scam list",a list of watch dealers you can find by just doing a google search,thats all he did at the time.

Dave.

Oh,and i found RWI thru RWG1,to which fakey and myself joined around the same time.

Yeah, but you know what... Fakey put that google list together and no one else did.

In my view he's seen more as a member of this site than a dealer. Yes, he builds and sells watches, but he's a major part of the community on a post first, and selling a very distant second.

If he's selling crap watches to people on this board, he's not hiding. He's around all the time and responsive, and moreover posting regularly.

Many of us believe that RWI and Fakey's post prevented us from getting scammed. But chose to believe whatever you want, because I mean no offense, but your post just sounds like sour grapes about something.

Sorry, just calling it how I see it.

The_Jackal

Known Member
5/1/11
Some great replies here. It seems that you don't just stumle across this place- you have to be actively looking, which I think is a great thing because it shows the initial determination to get this far in the quest for quality reps. On a few occasions I have so nearly bought gens but RWI has been a godsend, although as jmb pointed out, I'll probably end up spending just as much but getting a lot more for my money.
It's well worth becoming a VIP here I'd say.

polaris

27/11/08
How did you first find rwi?????

Saw modded rep watch on a tech forum site. PM'd the guy, got told to buy from josh (bleh) and informed about repgeek. From repgeek found RWI.

I would like to think that I am a recovering rep watch addict, but it is a difficult thing to overcome. When I see you guys post pretty photos I get the urge again.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
I have always been into watches... got jelous when my brother got an old automatic citizen from my dad. Anyways my dad is a watchnut too. He has like 3 or 4. But it wasn't till I met this guy at work who had like hundreds of watches... and he knew everything about the history, movement...etc... So that peaked my interest.

Didn't like reps too much cause I had a bad experience with my friend. Bought a SMP from him and when I got home it broke right away. Anyways years later my friend asked for my advice since I had found Davidsen and he thought the watch quality was amazing.... So I researched for him... and found this site...

After reading so much I was skeptical... but I Jumped in and bought an AP ROO Juan Pablo... and I was frickin impressed... so was my friend... so that's how it started for me...

Forgot to mention... that I was so impressed... I am in the process of trading all my homages for reps. Can't beat the price for the value and quality you get.

Fortey

21/7/10
I had been reading Watchuseek, and they were so paranoid about any talk of replicas that I started getting curious. One of them mentioned rep forums, which I wouldn't have thought existed, but a quick search and I now spend no time back at Watchuseek.

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
Holy Crap! Same here... I'm no longer at WatchUSeek here only now... I sell stuff there once in a while.

I had been reading Watchuseek, and they were so paranoid about any talk of replicas that I started getting curious. One of them mentioned rep forums, which I wouldn't have thought existed, but a quick search and I now spend no time back at Watchuseek.