• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

how accurate should a swiss ETA be?

intheshadows

30/8/12
Welcome to the forum bud,

First rep so you probably dont know how much of a crapshoot the movements are sometimes. I'd be happy with 15 s/d fast to be honest, as I rotate my watches more frequently.

If it really bugs you, you can open the watch up and adjust the screw or lever to the " - " side a couple of notches and you should be within 6 or 7 s/d.

rsh

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/4/10
what he said, also I would make sure to let it break in a couple of weeks and see where it settles

psantos1091

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/13
I've had it since the 14th of last month.. I almost was going to get it regulated but that would of been 100$ and the watch Smith said it was a waste because it might not make a difference.

Anyway if you want a review and pics let me know. I think its the latest Omega PO rep

psantos1091

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/13
I'm also afraid to open it myself because supposedly it will mess up the water proofing

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
There are no standards a Swiss movement or watch needs to fall in regarding timekeeping. Only if they are COSC certified or the like should you be expecting - 4/+6 seconds. That's also not to say that non COSC certified can't fall within that range, nor is it not impossible for such movement, Swiss, Asian or otherwise to meet such standards with a simple regulation or service

PS. You'll need to find a new watchsmith if he's charging 100 for that and telling you opening the case affects a watch's water resistance

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Just get PM/email one of the trusted watchmakers on the forum and they will square you away.

dood

Known Member
14/7/15
Having a watchmaker regulate a watch can do wonders for accuracy.

I paid $460 for my PAM029 rep with genuine ETA 2836-2. When I got it, it was running +9 sec/day. I paid my watchmaker $40 to regulate it. Over the past week it gained only +15 sec over the whole week. That's in the 2 -3 sec/day range. My watchmaker got the regulation bang on with the first visit, with no need for further visits to have the regulation more fine tuned. Super happy.

IMHO a rep with a gen swiss movement is some of the best value you can get on the market.