• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How accurate are current Seamaster Pro reps?

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
I have the 300M Pro co-axial version, which is stated as having the swiss ETA 2824-2 (bought it before Lay offered the a2824-2 version). I bought it from replicakemake & love the look of it. I keep it in a winder when I'm not wearing it & it keeps good time, a minute or so per week.

DSC01478.jpg

I have the exact same one and I really like mine; I replaced my bezel with one from eBay and modded the pearl with acrylic, but I'm of the belief that this a very accurate REP. If you get one, you will not be disappointed.

Also, don't even worry about the "Happy Feet." I respect my fellow RWI members, but personally I think the "Happy Feet" argument is a little overrated. I had a SMP in my hands and I had to read dozens of post just to remotely figure out what they meant by "Happy Feet." When I finally figured it out, you darn near need a loupe to see them... in the case with all REPS, there are not many that will pass the loupe test.

I say "go for it;" as it is a very good alternative to the Rolex IMO.

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
I have the same from Lay. Nice watch.

omega2.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

I think the perl on this version looks amazing! Better than the WBK offering on the comparison thread. My wife has the gen full size bond and I was surprise how light it feels. If I were doing the good old weight test from long a ago, I would've swore that it's a rep. :cool:

petemoss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/10
I prefer the dial on the older SMP, mainly because the newer skeletized hands I find are harder to read than the old spear hands. I bought a 21j SMP from Lawrence (House of Souveniers) and he advised me to choose the higher quality 21j gold colored movement rather than the regular 21j in the "red Seamaster" version. Later I bought a asian 2836 clone SMP from Mary of watches-international and was very pleased with it, especially the smoother sweep. here's my older spear-hands SMP alongside Mary's cloneETA:
DSCN1524.jpg

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
That one looks good!!! it has happy feet logo?

You guys talk about the happy feet, but to me (when I was at the AD), the gen sure as crap looked like it had happy feet also. It's kind of funny, but their 3 foot omega symbol on their wall had happy feet too.