• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hontwatch - first rep purchase

Churdock95

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/3/22
Spain
Hi @Churdock95, I rejected the first QC shown above as the seamaster logo had a mark across it. He sent new QC the next day and I approved it and have received tracking info.

I had no issues with payment etc, he responded after I sent screen shot of confirmed payment and called him on WhatsApp. It may pay to message him again if you’ve not heard back.

Overall the experience turned out to be positive with Hont. The only issue was that he was experiencing huge delays getting the QC on the first watch (breitling GMT) that I wanted to buy.
I update the info.
On 22 Hont sent the QC and i accepted the QC so 3h after he sent me the tracking info¡

keep in touch buddy¡

texaswatchman

SELL ME YOUR LEFTY
Certified
11/9/22
Tehas
This is why I buy from people in the states. A slight discount for a used item in two days.

t032167

Horology Curious
3/11/19
Newcastle, UK
Thanks for updating the post OP. With multiple stages to the purchasing process it seems that sometimes a little push is needed but the system of ordering as a whole can be trusted. The process of ordering reps from China as a whole is unlike anything you're likely to see elsewhere. For other types of products an intermediary such as Suoerbuy is often used so that they can coordinate QC and shipping, which carries an additional premium. As they say, you can have cheap, fast, or good quality, pick any two!

Sober_Jesus

25/7/22
North.
I call him via WhatsApp as said in the instructions but no reply in the hole day.... sent him an email at night and nothing....
Today 21 Sept any news...
⛳📫 If waiting a whole 24 hours before hearing back from a TD is tough or causing you to stress out, that's a reg flag that this may be a tough process for you. It's not unusual to go a week or more without hearing back, sometimes after you've been told something would happen in a day or two. I'm type A and like thing uber neat and organized but I had to learn the TD's will never be that, no matter how much I stressed out or worried.

Just mean this as a heads up! The rep hobby is not fast paced or quick and you'll drive yourself crazy if you looking to get responses and actions done quickly. I often start researching and picking, even ordering the next watch while the one prior is still delayed overseas for whatever the reason may be this time.

Enjoy the watch when it gets to you, maybe this year, maybe next year though :)

Reactions: P..DR..D

lugnuts

19/4/21
World traveler from Utah
I have waited months for qc pics. Theres some crazy stuff happening in China. These days you just don't know how long it could take. Hang in there, it'll all work out