• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hontwatch - first rep purchase

Nz_kaha

Horology Curious
2/9/22
Hi I’m brand new here but have followed and researched for some time. I ordered a Breitling from Hont and paid on 15 August. QC was to come in 3-7 days and it’s now 3 September in New Zealand where I am - is it normal to have this kind of delay? The comms have been patchy too…

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Don't sweat it, it happens. 1000 of reasons why he may be late. Stay calm, wait, ask politely for feedback but without expecting immediate reaction and without spamming the guy with a message a day. Whatever happens, do not ever threaten a TD. The most extreme measure you may take, and that only if real desperation sets in, is posting here for advice first. You'll get help.

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
they said for you to call them once payment is complete did they not? make sure payment was recieved and call them. they will answer when they get to work in china which is usually 11pm-11am EST or -5 gmt.

Nz_kaha

Horology Curious
2/9/22
Update: it’s been exactly one month since I paid (followed all instructions and had confirmation it was received and QC would arrive in 3-7 days). Communication has not been the best and the vague updates I’ve received after following up have not given me much confidence. I’ve waited 5 or so years before making my first rep purchase and I’ll be honest it’s not been very positive. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? I’m tempted to ask for a refund but I don’t want to piss him off and cause issues as it seems like all the power sits with TD’s unlike a standard online purchase from a business.

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Sorry to hear. Still one month is not the end of the world.
I did experience radio silence and the problem was simply issues and a setback in sourcing. At last I received QC and delivery followed normally. I think the same is happening here, I'm not a Breitling guy but I daresay they are not on top of the production list. I'd give it another week or two. Meanwhile you can maybe tell them that you're considering a refund since it's taking so long and you still have no Infos. I wouldn't be afraid to piss them off, they do understand business, keep it businesslike.
Of one I am sure, your money is not lost.

Reactions: P..DR..D

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Update: it’s been exactly one month since I paid (followed all instructions and had confirmation it was received and QC would arrive in 3-7 days). Communication has not been the best and the vague updates I’ve received after following up have not given me much confidence. I’ve waited 5 or so years before making my first rep purchase and I’ll be honest it’s not been very positive. Has anyone else had this kind of experience? I’m tempted to ask for a refund but I don’t want to piss him off and cause issues as it seems like all the power sits with TD’s unlike a standard online purchase from a business.
I've had purchases that have taken months to complete. You're buying counterfeit good from overseas. How could you expect the transaction to be traditional ? That would not make any sense.

Nz_kaha

Horology Curious
2/9/22
I've had purchases that have taken months to complete. You're buying counterfeit good from overseas. How could you expect the transaction to be traditional ? That would not make any sense.
Good for you that you have the patience to wait that long pal. Not the most helpful comment from you. Have a good one

Nz_kaha

Horology Curious
2/9/22
Good for you that you have the patience to wait that long pal. Not the most helpful comment from you. Have a good one

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Not helpful ? Many forum members will echo my experience. If you have no patience, this hobby is not for you. It doesn't revolve around your expectations. It's how the hobby goes.

Nz_kaha

Horology Curious
2/9/22
Not helpful ? Many forum members will echo my experience. If you have no patience, this hobby is not for you. It doesn't revolve around your expectations. It's how the hobby goes.
Thanks for your input champion.

Reactions: Marceau

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Pray Good Vibes GIF by Ryn Dean

No need to get heated. OP, I can understand your anxiety and the disappointment, and I am genuinely saddened to see a member estrange himself from this world, but @BMW760 is right, that can happen, if patience is not among your strengths, this will be a hard hobby to cultivate.
Hold fast!

Nz_kaha

Horology Curious
2/9/22
The guy is not replying to any messages, have asked for a refund and been ghosted.

Terrible first rep experience, should have gone with Geektime which seems to have far better service.

What if anything can I do to resolve this?

Nz_kaha

Horology Curious
2/9/22
Update: Hont has replied and offered a refund or to change the order. We’ll work through a resolution

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I'm not surprised. They are a TD for a reason.
And fair play for coming back and updating the thread.

But I will echo what all the members above have said (& many others would have, had they seen the thread), in this hobby, especially when dealing with in demand high end models, patience is key.

Supply is sometimes interrupted and there are many other factors that can cause delays. Orders can take months to complete, not weeks, so I hope your next order, be it with Hont or not, will be successful for you, truly.

Alternatively there is always M2M, and occasionally AUS sales pop up, cooncidentally I'm actually wating on a watch from AUS at the moment, from an M2M sale.

Best of luck & don't let this first hiccup put you off the rep world, dust it off, get your money back, and then decide what to do.

Last edited:

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
Hont has always came through for me at least but he's usually not the fastest TD and doesn't have the girlfriend experience communication some of the other TDs have. He communicates only necessary information. I would say he's not the best for a first timer for that reason when you're anxious and waiting for your first rep. Once you have a few and you're not pining to get your watch he's great just because of his usually low prices and no shipping fees.

Nz_kaha

Horology Curious
2/9/22
Further update: Hont didn’t have confidence on when GF could send QC for the watch I was after so we agreed to change my order to a VSF Aqua Terra with me paying the extra cost. I’m happy. Received QC and done a thorough review, I am happy with it except the date dial seems to be misaligned. I have not been able to find the correct format for getting QC feedback so wondered if it’s ok to post the link and get input from members on this concern?

Nz_kaha

Horology Curious
2/9/22
Upon reviewing the QC guidelines it seems I’m able to post a specific image to get feedback on my specific concern, image below:

My concern from this and other photos as well as the video is that the date dial seems to be sitting to the right. This will likely bug me so I want to know if it’s a common issue or one that if I RL it I’ll be able to get a different one that has the date dial aligned?

Churdock95

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/3/22
Spain
Hi friend!
For me also is my first rep purchase .
I decided to do it with hont cause a friend recommended him.
On 19 Sept I send him a WhatsApp and he replied normally like 3 hours after.
And on 20 Sept I made the payment via SEPA transfer at 9 am. I call him via WhatsApp as said in the instructions but no reply in the hole day.... sent him an email at night and nothing....
Today 21 Sept any news...

Nz_kaha

Horology Curious
2/9/22
Hi @Churdock95, I rejected the first QC shown above as the seamaster logo had a mark across it. He sent new QC the next day and I approved it and have received tracking info.

I had no issues with payment etc, he responded after I sent screen shot of confirmed payment and called him on WhatsApp. It may pay to message him again if you’ve not heard back.

Overall the experience turned out to be positive with Hont. The only issue was that he was experiencing huge delays getting the QC on the first watch (breitling GMT) that I wanted to buy.