• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hontwatch - awesome dealer!!!

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Hi watch freaks!

I returned this week from my trip in China. During my stay there, I visited Gunagzhou as well and the «watch market» and I can tell you that is one amazing place for us, watch addicts!

Before going to CN, I have sent an e-mail to a couple of dealers asking them the favour to do a face to face deal while in GZ and asked them to give me their best offer for the following 6 watches :

1. Porsche Flat 6
2. DeWitt Academia Sequentiel
3. Hublot Ice Bang
4. Paul Picot Le Plongeur
5. Graham Chronofighter
6. Baume & Mericer Riviera PVD/RG

From all the offers I chose one (obviously!) and it was from a new dealer on RWI named Hontwatch. Hont was prompt in answering my e-mails and we had a nice discussion on MSN to be sure that he had the reps that I was after. He assured me that he will have all the reps waiting for me on the day we agree to make the deal. He gave me his phone nr. and asked me to call him once I arrive in GZ/Hotel. Once I came to the Hotel (I chose one near the train station and watch markets were just 5 min of walk) I gave him a call and he arrived in 2h.

He brought with him all the reps, they were perfect! Just like I imagined them to be (a couple of days earlier Hont sent me 38 pics of watches he sourced for me. He took the pics with a little tag with written my name on it so I was sure he had them on hand!). I did a short QC on the reps, payed him and we were off to the watch markets. Hont was kind enough to bring me over there and to show me all this malls we are reading about from rep hunting trips from other board members. That place is huge and amazing, but you already know that!

Hont is really a nice guy, he sourced for me some PAM buckles and springbars for free. I visited him during my 3 day stay in GZ each day in his office where we had some talks. Hont speaks english good enough to make a conversation and he understood everything I asked him for (keep in mind that english is not my 1st language as well).

I have to say that I chose to deal with a dealer in GZ and not try to source the reps by myself becasue I wanted to be sure that I will get what I wanted, that the quality of the reps will be the best one and if I ever have any problems with those reps that I know who to address to solve my problems. This is why I didn't want to hassle myself with bargaining the prices on the watch market and to risk not to find the watches I was after. In the end, I had the pleasure to meet a nice guy who is very helpful and always ready for a chat with me – a new internet friend of mine!

I will post only 6 pics...one of each rep!

f_P019am_979bf91.jpg

f_pp010am_19730a2.jpg

f_hbb003am_9f37e7c.jpg

f_graham012am_a7b3007.jpg

f_dewitt019am_2c6d165.jpg

f_bm017am_abe070f.jpg

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
Thanks for sharing your great experience!! I hope to visit Hont if I make it out to GZ one day.. he's been very nice guy in our online conversations, and after buying several watches from him I can agree that he's very good dealer overall. :D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Agree. Similar experience here and similar choice of watches too ;) Good taste dadog! I will do business with this dealer again.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
takashi said:
Agree. Similar experience here and similar choice of watches too ;) Good taste dadog! I will do business with this dealer again.
what did you got taka?

I am already saving for the next 6 pieces... :D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Ah yes! That I have not mentioned, anywhere on this board. I will let you know one by one :lol:

The first one has been reviewed already (PAM252 GMT).

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Great choice of watches, great choice of dealer!

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Hont is a great guy. I have not bought from him but he answered all my questions during my "quest".
Not the "best " price but I am sure his quality is top n otch just by pics and description alone. I will buy from him, as I make my rounds through the dealer network.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
just to add one little thing...

I found out yesterday when I seized the strap of my B&M that the deployment clasp won't close...it seems that one little teeth at one end is worn out and this is the reason while it tends to open easilly once you close it...

I sent an e-mail to Hont this morning asking him for assistance...he replied in less than 1h telling me that he will ship me the replacement buckle...

Isn't that great!

THANK YOU HONT!

jhl1969

Looking Around
28/1/16
Many thanks for this post. I will be in Guangzhou July 14/15 and wondered if you could connect me with Hont please?

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Many thanks for this post. I will be in Guangzhou July 14/15 and wondered if you could connect me with Hont please?

Bro...This thread is from 2008 and I very much doubt that " Hont " is still in business..and if he is, he won't meet anybody....

jw01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/15
Hi - If "Hont" is no longer in business - with whom have I been emailing the last few days (Hontwatch.RU)? Should I be concerned?

jhl1969

Looking Around
28/1/16
ok thanks for the reply. any leads on how to find better quality pieces in gunagzhou?

deeke

Known Member
30/3/09
Hont is awesome indeed
Ordered IWC spitfire ZF 1 week from order to door...
pics to follow.

Watch-addict

Renowned Member
23/5/15
U.K
So is Hont still available for watches? Websites still up but concerned if there's any doubts.

Bizznes101

Renowned Member
19/5/16
Hont is absolutely still available. Got a watch from him a month ago. Matter of fact, emailed him yesterday and got a response this morning. You have to email him. He's around and he's usually pretty quick (12-24hours quick).