• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hont refusing me a refund?!

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Royal Mail says it's in Nottingham Mail centre, not that its lost, it's in transit.

I've had parcels sit in Mail centres both in the UK and Ireland, for up to 3 weeks. I would bet money that when you rang they didnt bother looking, they didnt in my case as all turned up eventually.

Arguing with members and demanding refunds from a TD, with an order placed pre- joining RWI won't do anything but raise your blood pressure.

I do hope it turns out well for you, but I think you need to give it another few weeks before declaring it lost, then trying to resolve it with the TD.

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Couldn’t agree more - your thread with RM declaring it lost is meaningless at this stage. It is too soon to conclude it is lost.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I've had parcels sit in Mail centres both in the UK and Ireland, for up to 3 weeks. I would bet money that when you rang they didnt bother looking, they didnt in my case as all turned up eventually.

This ^. USPS does this all the damn time and yet the package shows up.

FizzyLid

Horology Curious
11/7/22
Royal Mail says it's in Nottingham Mail centre, not that its lost, it's in transit.

Arguing with members and demanding refunds from a TD, with an order placed pre- joining RWI won't do anything but raise your blood pressure.

I do hope it turns out well for you, but I think you need to give it another few weeks before declaring it lost, then trying to resolve it with the TD.

Hey mate. Appreciate it.

I’ll wait 2/3 more weeks. If nothing comes. Do I just bump this thread or make another? New to all this.

FizzyLid

Horology Curious
11/7/22
what reptime mod told you to post here

Hey bro.

Sorry, no. A mod didn’t tell me. Reptime mod doesn’t even reply to my messages. Deletes posts and says to message him. You receive nothing (hont wanted me to message him for whatever reason, which makes no sense)

it was some randoms who commented on my post before it was deleted, telling me try here.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Hey mate. Appreciate it.

I’ll wait 2/3 more weeks. If nothing comes. Do I just bump this thread or make another? New to all this.

No worries, hopefully it turns up.

You can bump it all you want, but as explained by fellow members, you joined after the order was placed (Handed to carrier in June, you joined in July) so zero assistance & not sure why you would expect any tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tucker

GothamTG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/22
Not my thread, but thank you to the experienced members here. I am a quiet newbie who is in the process of purchasing a watch with Hont. I feel far more comfortable now. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Hey bro.

Sorry, no. A mod didn’t tell me. Reptime mod doesn’t even reply to my messages. Deletes posts and says to message him. You receive nothing (hont wanted me to message him for whatever reason, which makes no sense)

it was some randoms who commented on my post before it was deleted, telling me try here.

ok , well im sure Hont will come thru for you , hes a good guy and been doing this for a while , hiccups happen in the mail system now even more than before .

FizzyLid

Horology Curious
11/7/22
ok , well im sure Hont will come thru for you , hes a good guy and been doing this for a while , hiccups happen in the mail system now even more than before .

Hope so. Thanks for not being a d*ck like most people. Only expressing my concern.

aimed at idiots at reptime.

Last edited:

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
I usually message a TD regarding my lost in transit orders if they don’t show up within 3-4 months minimum.

FizzyLid

Horology Curious
11/7/22
I usually message a TD regarding my lost in transit orders if they don’t show up within 3-4 months minimum.

Yeah I understand that. But regardless how long I wait. Hont just refers to the cainiao tracking.

Royal Mail have confirmed multiple times it’s lost and they aren’t delivering it. Just keep going back in circles with hont and Royal Mail. Hont wants Royal Mail to update a Chinese shipping company website for me to get a refund.

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Does Cainiao ever track all the way to the ultimate destination? Or does it hand over tracking to the local company once in country? I would guess the latter, and that “delivered” in Cainiao terminology in this case simply means it has been handed over to U.K. Royal Mail.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I use 17track.net for all my online deliveries.

I downloaded the app, so can handily keep track of them & it gives me notifications when the status changes, but they also have a website:

https://m.17track.net/en/

For this parcel:

https://m.17track.net/en/track-details?nums=WB014596526GB

My advice would be to give it another few weeks, emailing Royal Mail daily will only drive you mad.

I think they declare it 'lost' if a certain number of days outside their targeted delivery times, but I would bet it's not lost.

They did the same with 2 of mine before & they eventually turned up, so I hope it works out for you.

Reactions: Hasselbaink

FizzyLid

Horology Curious
11/7/22
Does Cainiao ever track all the way to the ultimate destination? Or does it hand over tracking to the local company once in country? I would guess the latter, and that “delivered” in Cainiao terminology in this case simply means it has been handed over to U.K. Royal Mail.

Hont thinks it means it’s delivered to my house.

Last edited:

FizzyLid

Horology Curious
11/7/22
I use 17track.net for all my online deliveries.

I downloaded the app, so can handily keep track of them & it gives me notifications when the status changes, but they also have a website:

https://m.17track.net/en/

For this parcel:

https://m.17track.net/en/track-details?nums=WB014596526GB

My advice would be to give it another few weeks, emailing Royal Mail daily will only drive you mad.

I think they declare it 'lost' if a certain number of days outside their targeted delivery times, but I would bet it's not lost.

They did the same with 2 of mine before & they eventually turned up, so I hope it works out for you.

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

FizzyLid

Horology Curious
11/7/22
Another screenshot. Just RM saying they can’t altar the cainaio tracking website. Even though hont believes they can + they don’t know why it’s updated on that but not delivered.

https://imgur.com/a/ikYTIl3

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
Have you established conclusively whether Cainaio tracks all the way to the ultimate destination? I would be very surprised if they do. Speak to Cainaio and ask them the question. If they tell you their tracking stops when the item is handed to RM, you then have a sound argument with Hont that the RM tracking is the relevant tracking. However, the RM tracking is still presumably showing the item is “in transit” and not “lost”, so you would still have a problem claiming with Hont until it was officially designated as lost on the tracking by RM

FizzyLid

Horology Curious
11/7/22
Have you established conclusively whether Cainaio tracks all the way to the ultimate destination? I would be very surprised if they do. Speak to Cainaio and ask them the question. If they tell you their tracking stops when the item is handed to RM, you then have a sound argument with Hont that the RM tracking is the relevant tracking. However, the RM tracking is still presumably showing the item is “in transit” and not “lost”, so you would still have a problem claiming with Hont until it was officially designated as lost on the tracking by RM

I’ll try to contact them. Probably be quite hard as they’re a Chinese company. Also correct if I’m wrong the tracking doesn’t update on RM when it’s “lost” - before when I’ve had normal stuff lost. It just stays at the last delivery message.