• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hont refund after receiving broken watch?

tom_tk

Looking Around
3/10/23
Hi guys, I recently purchased my first rep and it just arrived (BP 214270). Was pretty excited but first thing I noticed after removing the plastic stickers was that you are barely able to read the numbers since there seems to be fog under the glass. I guess that's water and it looks awful. Also, the clasp isn't moving correctly. I can't even open it without force.

Then, I also discovered that the easy link extension barely works since the parts don't move around the screws and so on. Same for some of the links.

All in all, not the best experience and since l'm really dissatisfied and spent lots of money on the watch I would hope to sent the watch back to Hont and get my money back. How do I do this the best way? I don't want to make him angry or anything but unfortunately nothing seems to be working out and if the watch has so may flaws then I guess a replacement would also not be great. Just lost interest by now. So folks, can you please tell me what to do?

Thank you!!!

Winni1611

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
15/10/22
Germany
First of all, never send a watch back to China! Most of them get seized by chinese customs.
These flaws you talk about should be an easy fix for a watchsmith. Ask hont if he may paticipate
On the fees. The bracetet may only need some oil or WD40. It's the same with the clasp. I had this several Times. You can either bend it or wait as time will make is more soften by opening and closing.