• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hont is the only dealer I use now

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
It's taken years of trying them all out and always being let down, but I've now used Hont for the last 6 months, have bought more than 20 watches and the service has been incredible. When things do go wrong - which is always going to happen, he doesn't hesitate to provide the best solution. His prices are the best around and his communications is friendly and attentive.

I wouldn't use anyone else. Keep up the good work Hont.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Hont has really proven himself to be a great dealer and a decent person, I am impressed with his performance here at RWI. I have always felt that the service after the sale is the true mark of a good dealer and in this aspect Hont definitely shines. It does not hurt at all that you get this kind of service at these prices either.

DemonSlayer

Known Member
3/12/07
brtelec said:
It does not hurt at all that you get this kind of service at these prices either.

Exactly. I remember reading some supporters of the Jandrew stating that their higher prices are justified due to their flawless (yea right) aftersales service. Well excuse me but that's bullsh!t. Hont is offering at least the same aftersales service and his prices are way better, and many of Hont's customers are stating this.

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I think Honts after sale service has proven better IMO. He is just as responsive but you are actually talking to him, not some lackey.

pfran42

Known Member
18/6/08
Is it just me or does Hont's web site always load so slow that it just freezes. I am trying to order from him right now (due to his excellent reviews) and when I get to the main page, about two pictures halfway load and that is it. When I try to hit a link, the site just sits there and spins like it is thinking about it.

Maybe I have a bad link or a link to an old domain.

1. Does anyone share this problem with the site loading extremely slow (or not loading at all)?

2. Can someone provide me with the URL for the site (if they are not experiencing problems)?

Disclaimer: I have Comcast cable internet. My burstable download speed (via Speakeasy) is 13353 kbps

Thanks for any answers! I can't wait to order from this dealer...

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
hont is having website issues.. I have offered to help him get things resolved. He has a company he will work with but I think he is going to take my advice and change hosts..

Hont is fantastic, does things the way they should be done imo..

and the comment about jandrew is correct.. it's a bunch of bs..

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
There is a simple solution for the problems with Hont's site. Window shop and Jandrews, BUY from Hont. Problem solved!

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
find the picture of the watch you want and email it to him. ask him if he has the same or better quality and a price. i never use any dealer's website to make a purchase.

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
Based on the testimony herein from trusted fellow members, I will also give this fellow a try. Seems to me he is a good dealer indeed from what I hear, and read.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
There is a simple solution for the problems with Hont's site. Window shop and Jandrews, BUY from Hont. Problem solved!

Thats gotta piss Jamscrew off I hope!

Thats what I do i window shop there, ask Hont or whatever dealer if they have the watch im looking for and get pictures from them and pull the trigger or not depending on how it looks.

I was on RG and there was a blurb on where to get better prices and it was probably deleted by now. (go figure) I think there is a buzz about the Darkside

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
From my first email exchanges with Hont, I've been impressed by how down-to-earth, honest, and genuine he is. I think a functioning website will be nice for many customers, but even without that convenience I think he's a great dealer and just a good guy overall. That's why he gets my business, and that's why I recommend him to others. The more you get involved in this crazy hobby the more you see it's full of BS, deception, duplicity... but there are some good folks in the midst of all that. We're lucky to have a dealer like Hont.

Tommy Tom

Renowned Member
28/11/06
hk45ca said:
find the picture of the watch you want and email it to him. ask him if he has the same or better quality and a price. i never use any dealer's website to make a purchase.

That's what I do! :D