• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hont Delivers But MIA When Watch Have Problems [RESPONDED]

metals99

15/4/09
I recently purchased a Submariner 2008 Ceramic from Hont on the 3rd December 2009...

The transaction was smoothed and receives the watch fast...

Even though I've noticed some erractic movement with the second hand and the date doesn't click perfectly, I can live with that and enjoyed wearing it...

Now the watch is completely dead, I would just say that the movement died as mine is just a poor men's 21 jewels movement...

I have e-mailed him and wasn't really that amaze that he doesn't respond to it at all.. Its not like when I first quote for the watch... Well guess would give him some time but still have not replied... Feeling quite furious...

Well this is just an honest review to Hont...

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
hi mate sorry to hear that you are having problems with your watch.

hopefully you can get a response from hont, perhaps with the help of the staff here :)

metals99

15/4/09
Thanks for your concern...

Well I am just waiting for hont to reply, well this is not my first purchase from hont but this is my first having a problem with hont...

The rest of the watches I have purchased from hont I am overall satisfied...

Lets see how it goes...

vanatic99

Known Member
16/9/09
Trust me. If Hont has not responded, there is a good reason and he is not avoiding you. Hont has replied to every single email I have sent, including those about problems. In one case we probably emailed back and forth about a problem at least 10 times. Just email him again and if you still don't get a reply, ask an administrator to help out.

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
it is also in my experience that service for customer complaints/problems aren't responded to as fast as potential sales enquiries. however having said that, i have always gotten a reply. i would give Hont some time but do not hesitate to have staff assist if the wait becomes too long

metals99

15/4/09
Yea I understand guys... I have bought 3 watches from Hont and the current one I received just died in 2 weeks... I am still waiting for his replies... Would feed back to this thread once he does...

Lets just give him a day...

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
sorry to hear that... how many emails have you sent him and how long has it been?

metals99

15/4/09
I already e-mailed hont last 2 days from the time he replied me...

I guess I was just impatient and worried scared he won't reply... I do have some bad issues with some other watch dealers here...

Well Hont replied me to just send him back my watch...
I already mailed it to him for repairs, replacement etc.

All I wish is for good results from him...

I also mailed him another of my Rolex GMT Master II Black/Red bezel for time regulation and it loses alot time within one day... I bought from him 3 months back for this model... I also requested that he change the case to a new one as the bezel come off and ask him to change to a different case which is the non wokky rehaut version...

As he said the movement is the same and can fit...

All I can do now is wait for his reply of received of my watches and hope would get good results...

This thread is good in a way that I would share with other going to be customers of his loyal customers on his after sale service...

Cheers

Would update again :)

lorenzo81

Known Member
8/11/09
I had a small problem with a clasp on a breitling bracelet bought from Hont and so I sent him a photo...well I thought he would send me a new clasp but no...he sent me a whole new bracelet so I think he's a good dealer...just give people the time to sot things out

metals99

15/4/09
I have send the packaging to hont from last week Wednesday and the tracking status in china have shown this:
Tracking# Year Status Destination Last Location Date
RR6-------4SG 2009 Delivered International Guangzhou International Airport 2009-12-20

Does it mean it have been delivered as hont replied me that he have not received it yet...

And the time frame of shipping he should have received it between 6-8 working days...

I am so worried :(

metals99

15/4/09
Thank god Hont just received my package...

I am now communicating with him with the repairs...

Would feedback on how this goes...

Regards to all and Merry Christmas...

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Many packages are in the post now. 6-8 day transit time becomes 10-12 days until after the year end.

Since it has only been a few days since arriving there (GZ), I think your package will get to Hont soon.

metals99

15/4/09
Hont have received the package...

And I am very happy that he would rectify the problems...

I told him to help me change the movement of the spoilt watch...

But well lets see how it goes...

Again its up to the dealers on what they gonna do to repair it or replace it...

Well both watches I have sent him at poor man's ASIA DG2813...

Anybody here have experience on repairs on their dead watches???

Hope you could share... I would be sharing the whole lot on how hont would response to AFTER SERVICE :)

beachcat

Known Member
30/7/09
A $100 rep is not going to have the same quality or reliability as a $300 rep.

metals99

15/4/09
Its been around 3 - 4 weeks Hont have received my watches, I have emailed him once and he said the factory is closed for maintenance... But its been like around 1 week plus since the last e-mail...

Currently still waiting :(

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
It was on 12.24.09 that you said that Hont had JUST received your package, so still not quite three weeks. Try to be patient. I know it's hard when you want your watch.

metals99

15/4/09
Thanks Ahw... Opps guess I calculated wrongly... By the way Hont have responded and said he be collecting it from the factory... Hope this go on well...

metals99

15/4/09
I've sent hont 2 of my watches and 1 of them is allright... The other one which I've received seems to have some issues again and I have send him back... It seems that the minute hand doesn't advance and the crown have difficulty winding sigh....