• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Honest Review: The Clean Pepsi Sucks

tlander13

1/11/20
USA
Sounds like someone should just buy a gen, then.

A $75 part (click spring) can make the bezel movement feel like my gen 116710. Considering no rep factory (not even VSF) has managed a near-gen crystal, I don't see that as an annoying thing to have to fix either.

Last edited:
Reactions: flex

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Sounds like someone should just buy a gen, then.

A $75 part (click spring) can make the bezel movement feel like my gen 116710. Considering no rep factory (not even VSF) has managed a near-gen crystal, I don't see that as an annoying thing to have to fix either.

These are always such shit responses. "Not happy with your 500$ watch? Go buy a $10,000 one". Did you even see my video? It would be one thing if there was just one bit off. But there's not. Every comment on here is recommending basically spending between 1-300 bucks to get the watch to a stable state. That's crazy. That's not a good watch. I get what reps are supposed to be, but it's okay to admit when we have shitty ones. The best part of this watch is probably the dial and case, but that should be how we talk about it.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Your movement videos are going to give me nightmares. I hate that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Repwearer1981

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
These are always such shit responses. "Not happy with your 500$ watch? Go buy a $10,000 one". Did you even see my video? It would be one thing if there was just one bit off. But there's not. Every comment on here is recommending basically spending between 1-300 bucks to get the watch to a stable state. That's crazy. That's not a good watch. I get what reps are supposed to be, but it's okay to admit when we have shitty ones. The best part of this watch is probably the dial and case, but that should be how we talk about it.

Rolex AD wouldn't even let you buy one if you had the 10k haha.

• Haha
Reactions: roromush

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Because it's probably the best one to date that says Rolex on it and folks are willing to pay for this
As mentioned above, Noob used to sell watches that could die any minute and looked less good for a higher price. Look at the price of RM watches with their nasty looking Miyota movements... Supply and demand

Pretty much this.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Not impressed with CF's GMTs or reps in general.

If I had to buy a CF i'd go for the 124060, and that's actually what I did.
Except for the bezel that turns with just a little force (it doesn't have the same resistance of my VSF or my genuine one) it's pretty spot on and since it has no cyclops it's basically indistinguishable from gen

Reactions: P..DR..D

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
A gen crystal is pretty much a necessity on any rep with a cyclops if you want the best experience. The CF bezel parts can be tweaked and lightly greased to give an acceptable result. Then the insert gets realigned since many are not.

This is as good as it gets IMO, all in for under $1K. It's a V1, so the V2 is even better with the longer minute hand and better bezel lip. Swap in an ROF Pepsi insert if you want, I have that build upcoming.

Gen crystal, bezel tweaked and insert aligned.

jP7q8F.jpg

jPfpUL.jpg

jPfrDP.jpg

jPEHPs.jpg

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
It looks like in your shot there, something funky is going on with the 0 Hour on the bezel insert? I have that on mine, I thought it was just a lighting artifact on the QC pics but it really just is unevenly filled

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
It looks like in your shot there, something funky is going on with the 0 Hour on the bezel insert? I have that on mine, I thought it was just a lighting artifact on the QC pics but it really just is unevenly filled

Are you talking about the insert triangle? If so I agree many of the CF samples look imperfect there. I'm going to do a paint mod on one of my CF Pepsi inserts after swapping the ROF insert in.

Most ceramic insert markers can be improved by a gentle scrubbing with an ultra soft toothbrush and some dish soap. Rinse with a thin stream from the faucet with the watch tiltled away from the crown and caseback.

ROF Pepsi
16276834356103.jpg

16276833680932.jpg

Reactions: domiffm and H S

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The ROF is getting converted to a Batman due the lack of a real bezel lip on the ROF Pepsi.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
The ROF is getting converted to a Batman due the lack of a real bezel lip on the ROF Pepsi.

Bro I bought ROF insert...I will build same your pepsi.
CF watch
ROF insert
Gen crystal car c1

Do you think we have to change DW with gen one?
For me there's no need

Reactions: EstebanMcQueen

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
I suspect you wont know until you have the crystal on. You can see from this shot that the font fills the opening differently, but it's unclear if the stretched look of the numbers is due to the mag or the font. It's like, theres clearly something off about the font under the microscope, but I once you get rid of the weird effect of the rep mag you wont really notice it
jk2WhY.jpg

I think someone mentioned in a different thread they had the rehaut hit with a buffing wheel, and I think that would help alot. You can see it in this shot, the rehaut is pretty hard to see compared to gen

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The V2 has a quite thin crystal at 1.60mm so anyone putting in a gen crystal should have an assortment of crystal gaskets on hand to test out the best result. I take pics and do side-by-side collages before deciding on the final combo.

These were some combos I tried, also tried a Sub gen crystal which is 2.0mm thick. The gen GMT is 1.80mm, CF V1 is 1.70mm. The CF V1 has a thicker bezel.

Top number is crystal thickness, bottom number is gasket height. Left pic is stock CF V1

jpTPXP.jpg

jpTCqJ.jpg

jpTpZo.jpg

jpTQsk.jpg

jPftqW.jpg

jPfn9o.jpg

Last edited:

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Legit question. With my movement the way it is, do you think its serviceable or am I better off just buying a new movement m2m?

CsViking

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
28/11/21
Guys this problems are only on Pepsi? My CF Submariner don’t have these problems

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Legit question. With my movement the way it is, do you think its serviceable or am I better off just buying a new movement m2m?

Have you checked its performance on a timegrapher bro? I don't think there is anything wrong with yours. All of the rep and gen 3185s have hands wobble while hour jumping. The initial wobbling is usually more pronounced. See if yours becomes more subtle if you keep moving it in the same direction vs only stopping and starting it in opposite directions.

It's possible your click spring is just dry, making it lurch with each step rather than advance smoothly. The gen part has a hole in the upper cover that enables lubing. The rep VR3185 part has no hole and needs to be disassembled to be lubed. The rep VR3186 part has a hole on the bottom through which proper lubing isn't really possible so it needs to be disassembled as well. A few members have just swapped in the gen part 3185-660 for good measure. I have one of those but so far haven't had the need to use it as all my VR3185/6's are running and hour jumping normally.

jochV4.jpg

jocDAR.jpg

joVcGL.jpg

joVJaS.jpg

joJlKk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Itto

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Guys this problems are only on Pepsi? My CF Submariner don’t have these problems

If you are referring to hands wobble that is only a characteristic of rep and gen 3185 GMT movements.

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Interesting. Do you have a video of yours in action? Id love to know what a good one looks like