• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hommage to RBJ

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
Thought i'd bring this over from TRC and RWG seeing as how joe is so involved here...thought it'd be a good start.

I asked RBJ for some advice regarding my 1680 and how to do some mods to it myself.

I am useless when it comes to things like this, so was prolly really annoying for him but he took time out of his busy schedule to be really helpful and outine how these things are done. He was great and made no attempt to say....don't bother just send it to me. He was really helpful and attempted to help me do these things myself.

I asked how much the parts would cost and how to go about the mods and he was great.

Just thought it would be an idea to let everyone know how great a guy Joe is, not that you didn't know already. He is not only a great guy to send your watch to to get things done, but if you are interested in doing it yourself he will endeavour to help you in any way he can.

Great guy thanks for being so patient with my schoolboy questions Joe, you are a real asset to the fora.

Chris

Enjoy

DrmMaster

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/06
well said....nothing i can really add to that....he has done the same for me many times over!

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
Joe is a gentleman, I emailed him a lot when I had some watch problems and we had some long phone conversations a few times and he put up with my ignorant questions gracefully.
Very nice guy, glad he is here, an asset to be sure.

rbj - I am sending you a YM tomorrow by the way, needs a little work.

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Just got my "modded by Joe" Red Sub and it's starting to grow on me. Love those crown guards and all of the original parts that he put on it. It's a watchmaster sub and I love the way it matches up w/ my gen 1680. This stuff is so close, you can't tell the difference. I'll work on posting some pics, but I'm so not a geek, I'll have to get my son to help me when he comes down here.

Cheers to Joe and I'm going to send him a DRSD so he can fix the cg's next

D

d4m.test

Joe has done many projects for me and has always been the best. Workmanship, integrity, information ect always tops. He is working on a white seadweller for me at present and cant wait to have it finished. John.

rjboxster

Horology Curious
19/3/06
This section alone makes this site more than worthwhile. My firsts are on the way to RBJ as we speak, can't wait to see the results. Good site by the way.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
will be sending the first of many to him shortly. had long conversation on the phone with him today. he is a great guy.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
man u guys r making me feel all fu fu inside lol im glad i can help many with there watch problems , u guys make it fun for me as well and i thank u for that , like i always said im here to learn and teach and make our watch passion/obsession fun , and again i really appreciate u guys more than u know

thanks joe