• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi there, I'm a newbie

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Hi there. Heard about this new board and I see many familiar names here.

Looks like a nice place.

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
ALLRIGHT ! Another newbie ! Interesting name ....... what is a By-Tor?

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
By-Tor said:
Hi there. Heard about this new board and I see many familiar names here.

Looks like a nice place.

"Looks like a nice place?" Hey, noob, USE THE @#%!@ Search button!!!

WHAHAHAHA!! Just kiddin' of course! Good to see vets of your standing joining. Says a lot for the future of the board.

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
I am really glad to see some more of the "older guard" starting to accept this place and at least give it the benefit of the doubt.

Chris

brian_05

Known Member
16/3/06
Hey By-Tor!

Don't worry, we're kinda easy on newbies here . . . at least for the first week or so . . .

Glad to see you here too. Now you have another place for your excellent posts and articles to archive. Have read and learned and appreciated them much over the last 10 months. Lookin to see what the repped RWG is gonna look like too.

Brian

Star

Known Member
14/3/06
ANOTHER noob as well

newbie here checking in-How cool are the different themes??? Love that idea...good to see some familiar names

Timm.....I've always hated the nick Star...but when I joined the rep world, thats all I could come up with at the registration process and I was stuck with it ever since....now I hate Train as well :roll: ...another newbie mistake

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
Star?!?!?!? Really?

I would not have guessed

I was trying to figure out who you were. :D

If you really don't like it, we can try to change it.

Bjarneb

Getting To Know The Place
16/3/06
Hi hi, I am a newbie too. This time the "veterans" are not 2 billion posts ahead of me .. yet! :)
I am more a reader than a writer, so I will lurk in from time to time and read the posts here as I do on rwg.

Just wanted to give my thumbs up for the forum !!! :)

Cucumber_Jones

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
Bjarneb said:
Hi hi, I am a newbie too. This time the "veterans" are not 2 billion posts ahead of me .. yet! :)
I am more a reader than a writer, so I will lurk in from time to time and read the posts here as I do on rwg.

Just wanted to give my thumbs up for the forum !!! :)

Good that you read. But do post...

Star

Known Member
14/3/06
Nick

Star?!?!?!? Really?

I would not have guessed

I was trying to figure out who you were.
...yeah I was gonna keep it for a while and not post and let folks wonder ...but theres enough secrecy crap on these boards already...but it looks like I'm stuck with Star.
I really thought it was cool 3 1/2 years ago when I first signed up...then like 3 1/2 minutes later, I thought "Hey that sounds chicky"....but I thought I probably won't be around these boards very much anyways"....LOL

I didn't even notice I was member #3 until the 2nd day...too funny

Timm

Roeod4

Respected Member
14/3/06
Re: Nick

Star said:
Star?!?!?!? Really?

I would not have guessed

I was trying to figure out who you were.
...yeah I was gonna keep it for a while and not post and let folks wonder ...but theres enough secrecy crap on these boards already...but it looks like I'm stuck with Star.
I really thought it was cool 3 1/2 years ago when I first signed up...then like 3 1/2 minutes later, I thought "Hey that sounds chicky"....but I thought I probably won't be around these boards very much anyways"....LOL

I didn't even notice I was member #3 until the 2nd day...too funny

Timm

Your not a chic?!?!?!!?

:lol:

Pizzanooo

Renowned Member
17/3/06
ByTor, nice to see you here. I have enjoyed reading your posts elsewhere. Very informative, and great shots to help us everyday watch guys make and enjoy our passion.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Thanks for the welcome guys.

@whoever asked:
My forum screen name comes from a Rush album "Fly By Night". There's a song called "By-Tor and the Snow Dog". Those were some kind of fantasy characters designed by the band guitarist Alex Lifeson. Those old albums are my least favourite Rush albums though. ;)

I saw Rush in Madison Square Garden in my New York trip 1994 (they played 2 nights in a row but couldn't get tickets to the other one). It was a memorable experience. I've seen many, many concerts after that but nothing else has "hit" me so after that. That was the loudest 20.000 people I've ever seen.

They also played Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum but couldn't make it. :(

Great NY trip, it's such a great city!

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/tours/94mar8&9_ad.jpg

brian_05

Known Member
16/3/06
I saw them on part of their Fly by Nite "tour" when they played at the Agora Club in Y-town . . . a long, long time before '94 though. The Agora maybe held 1500 people, including the seats at the bars . . . Good show, from what I remember of it. I think Geddy Lee was wearing a cheap Rollie rep too . . .

8^)

Brian

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
brian_05 said:
I saw them on part of their Fly by Nite "tour" when they played at the Agora Club in Y-town . . . a long, long time before '94 though. The Agora maybe held 1500 people, including the seats at the bars . . . Good show, from what I remember of it. I think Geddy Lee was wearing a cheap Rollie rep too . . .

8^)

Brian

Fly By Night tour was 1975. I wasn't even born then. :D