• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi Noob here finally made a choice on TD ! a few ?

dutch187

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/13
Hi i am Omar a member on rwg and to attain more knowledge for my addiction i became a member here. It has been a wealth of information.
which has enabled me to finally make a choice on a td

After 2 months of researching i am finally ready to pick my TD and place my order today. I have heard great things about Mary and Watch International. I will be ordering atleast 4 watches, now as a noob i am thinking i should start with one and see how it goes ...however i have heard i get a better price with a bundle. My last ? is , my first purchase will be a hublot ceramic stainless steel V6 ..is there anything i should ask for such as movement wise, lubricating the gears , making sure the screws are tight etc. does the V6 have the seconds to 9 issue ? I also want to thank everyone on this board for being so insightful and helpful and making me feel comfortable in my new addiction ( man am i addicted im on this form every chance i get reading lol ) ..Once again any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Welcome, Omar!
Mary is great choice. I buy from her for 5+ years. I don't think you'll get discount for multi-order, her prices already lowest, but worth to try.
A7750 has no problem with sec@9. Mary's QC is a legend, so, nothing to worry.
Good luck!

dutch187

14/6/13
Thank You Very Much ...so you dont think i should as for anything in terms of lubricating the gears etc?

xquisitor

15/6/13
Is Watch International a TD? what is the web site, don't see it here.

dutch187

14/6/13
Okay so after everyone's advice i am in the process of ordering 2 the hublot ss and rolex yachtmaster 2

My question is Rochest is saying Yachmaster2 is A21j movement what is everyone opinion how reliable is this movement? and is this the better movement for this watch. Or should i request A7750 that is if they do make it for rolex yachtmaster2 ..my goal is to get quality closer to the gen i dont mind pay a few dollars extra.

Thank you again for the great help !

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
:howdy: Welcome here.

A21J is an automatic low beat movement while A7750 is an automatic chronograph movement with sec counter at 9 so i don't think there will be any YM II with A7750 movement. And you expect a dealer to take your watch apart to clean and oil your movement?

Spend more time doing your research and reading and you will understand better how this whole thing works and the different types of movement.

:cheers:

dutch187

14/6/13
I really appreciate everyones help .....and i did the research ..i was just basically asking everyones opinion ...( you know that a typical noob move ..they still ask ? even if they might know the answers to feel confident)

So i will be placing my order today!

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12
I really appreciate everyones help .....and i did the research ..i was just basically asking everyones opinion ...( you know that a typical noob move ..they still ask ? even if they might know the answers to feel confident)

So i will be placing my order today!

The yatch master preferably with eta clone movement (A2836-2 or A2824-2) over the DG2813 (21j) movement for a smoother sweep.

They don't service your watch. You can bring the watch to your local watch shop to get it clean and lubricate (read expensive)

And don't bring to the AD (authorized dealer) for cleaning and lubricating or even into the store.

tanweekiat

I'm Pretty Popular
26/3/12
:howdy: Welcome here.

A21J is an automatic low beat movement while A7750 is an automatic chronograph movement with sec counter at 9 so i don't think there will be any YM II with A7750 movement. And you expect a dealer to take your watch apart to clean and oil your movement?

Spend more time doing your research and reading and you will understand better how this whole thing works and the different types of movement.

:cheers:

Trevor have a special sales on a BP YM

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/7731663/

dutch187

14/6/13
wow thank you soo much ... i have been trying to search for trevor's reviews but havent come across many ..how is his customer service and quality