• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi from Louisville KY

Taze00

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/8/13
Glad to be apart of this awesome network of people and amazing resources to aid people in their search for a watch. The work that has been put into some of the threads on this forum are literally astounding.

I have been doing research for x2 weeks now and I have a list of watches to choose from. I'm excited to pull the trigger for the first time. :D Probably gonna be a :pam:.

To give an idea of what kind of person I am I'll represent myself with some watches that I personally own and a short story of how I became obsessed with timepieces.

I't all started out with a Fossil... yes a fossil.. I know. I found it in the storage of my garage. It had the open heart feature that displayed the Main Barrel. From here I ventured off into researching wanna be tourbillons (flywheels :\) The first watch I bought was a Sturhling Original from the Saturnalia Line. It had Retrograde Day and Date open Heart Fly wheel... that satisfied me for awhile.

After this I began doing research into the mechanics behind the scenes and I learned how to tinker and make minor repairs. I began to purchase vintage watches off eBay. Mostly Bulova. I complied a library of resources to reference for parts and I began to scoured the web for them. I worked on watches that dated from the 20's to the 70's.

Now I have begun a new venture into the exciting world of replicas! I look forward to learning even more!! Who knows what this journey will hold.

Now for some watches that I proudly own:

Omega Speedmaster 1995 Calibre Modified Val. 7750 Ref. 3511.50 Black Dial with Silver Sub Dials at 12, 9, 6. Date Window @ 3. Stainless Strap.

Bulova Conqueror 1926 Calibre 10P (VeryRare :) , Enamel filled corner cut case. Breathtaking timepiece. Black leather strap with croco pattern. Check it out at MyBulova.com.
Z-IMG_2618.JPG

Girard Perregaux Gyromatic 50's
il_570xN.313728432.jpg

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Welcome to :cheers:. Glad to have you aboard. You can't go wrong with a Panerai they offer so many different styles and you can dress them up or down with different straps. Looking forward to seeing your first purchase.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator