• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi All Advice Would Be Appreciated

sewead

Horology Curious
26/5/10
Hi,
Been a member of the site for a while but ive never got round to using it.
Could anyone please give me a few tips about the forums ect, im looking to purchase a rolex date just. Any tips on sellers and the full procedure to purchase a watch from a trusted seller. Thanks in advance.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Welcome, the procedure varies mate, most if not all dealers have thread in their sections telling you how to buy.

MauiDave

Renowned Member
27/6/13
Step 1: look at your bank account
Step 2: find a trusted dealer
Step 3: start buying watches
Step 4: look at bank account again
Step 5: curse the day you started this hobby

Sent from my iPhone because I'm such a addict I have to keep on here even when I'm not home.

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
:howdy:

Welcome here. My tip for you is reading gain knowledge.

For the procedure of getting a watch from TD, i will share my process of me getting a watch.

1. Search and read for information of the watch i'm getting so that I can know what to expect from this watch.
2. When i have read and understand enough, i will send an email to my TD checking for stock availability.
3. Confirm watch that i want is in stock, confirm order with dealer.
4. Payment instruction receive and make my payment asap.
5. After payment received, dealer send QC photos(not immediately)
6. Everything is good, ok for shipping.

Have to got a bit of patience in every process of the dealing, don't panic when things doesn't happen fast.

Most importantly, read up your dealer's terms and condition because different dealers might have slightly different ways of processing a deal like some dealers don't send QC photos unless upon request. When in doubt, always check with your TD before confirming your order.

:cheers:

sewead

Horology Curious
26/5/10
thanks for the replies so far guys, ive bought watches all over europe usually whilst on holiday in places like tenerife and turkey, all of which seem to last for a few months before the stop working, am i right in thinking the watches sold from the trusted dealers are superior to the watches from the " lucky lucky man" on the beach somewhere ? Basically what i mean is, am i going to be getting a good few years out of a watch if i was to spend a minimum of 100 gbp.
Cheers

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section (Panerai watches)

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
Welcome to the forum. Looks like most TD have their processes in their specific forums. I would start there first. Take a look at feedback and quality before making a decision and you should be fine!!

Welcome!!