• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hey from Beantown

ljay

23/4/06
Hello all, I don't know how you do it...I've been a member of this forum for about three weeks and I just ordered my fourth rep :) I think I'm hooked and I have all of you to thank...I've gotten so much great info here that, I think I'm gonna quit my job and just stay at home and buy reps... :) now if you will all excuse me...I have to go wake up my son and tell him that he has to attend public pre-school and all of his toys are now for sale on E-bay :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Regards,
LJAY

10acErnie

Known Member
6/4/06
Welcome LJAY !
Are you still celebrating the SOX win up there?!
I used to work in Cambridge....miss that place.

ljay

23/4/06
Hi Thanks, I'm glad to be here...I'm actually a transplant from CT. and I grew up a yankees fan and after years of gloating I still need to sneak into the building at work during baseball season(haha).

LJAY

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
3 week member, 4 reps, 5 posts? WOW, you ARE on the path of destruction :shock:

Aw, who cares, you're having FUN!!!! That's what we do here. WELCOME!!....glad you found us.

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
ljay, wlecome to the forum, and good looking child you have there.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
When I hit this site, I was on sensory overload and didnt know which way I was going, sooo much info.
I didnt know that I was a Panerai fan either until I seen all the pics & comments.
Welcome to the site. Hope you have fun. :)

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Welcome LJay

there was a time when the wife would get mad if I joined the Boys for a beer on saturady afternoon........now she accuses me of sneaking off to the Post Office.....

fooled her for a while by telling her it was just a different bezel on the "same ole watch".....but you just cant hide a PAM 197 w/ divers band......

12 reps and running out of places to hide them......

Welcome...sounds like you'll fit in just fine here

sennsi

Known Member
17/5/06
Hello LJay!

Loving this place too and your signature! ;)

4 reps will soon turn into 40 and its multiples...

Goldeneye

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/06
Oh, it gets much worse. Wait until your son is old enough to mow!!!

Legal Seafood.

ljay

23/4/06
Hi All...Thanks for all the greetings, compliments and watch hiding tips :) :) :) I think I'l have to use willster's approach when my new pvd pam 195 with sausage dial and swiss movement arrives in a couple of weeks from Davidsen. I could never have imagined buying a replica watch that cost more than my first car :) :) .

Ljay

willster

Renowned Member
15/3/06
wow...didnt think about it but your right.......first car was a four door bronta sore ass 36 chevy w/ rusted running boards no front passengers floor and ripped out headliner.......$65 US ......back seat held 12+ kids.....5 more in trunk....drove it for 5 years and sold it for......yep $65...the car was a tank....drove it through many a farmers stone walls after one too many friday night parties....but never dented the fenders....memories!!!!

ljay

23/4/06
Nice to meet you charles :) You're rite...it's a very small world. I work in Peabody, I think that's about 10 minutes from you.

Ljay

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
10acErnie said:
Welcome LJAY !
Are you still celebrating the SOX win up there?!
I used to work in Cambridge....miss that place.
I celebrating the Sox win. The World Champion White Sox. It still sounds funny to me saying that. Welcome, I do love bean town though if I wasn't rooting for the White Sox it would be Boston. I'm glad to see your completely addicted. I have bought 6 in 6 months. One a month. Not to bad.

Sean K

ljay

23/4/06
Hi Sean, I wish I had you're self restraint :) I'm looking for my fifth as we speak and it's only been a month...I'm doomed...I'm doomed...I tell ya. :)

thomlad54

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/06
Ljay:
My daughter just graduated from Endicott College in Beverly Mass. Peabody is a nice place to live. Welcome

Thom

ljay

23/4/06
Thanks Thom, I'm glad to be here...congrats on you're daughters graduation.

Ljay

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
Welcome Ljay!

Glad you are having fun. The best way to stay out of trouble with the wife is to buy her a watch every now and then. Once she get's the first one all your prior sins will be forgiven. :D

efnstefn

Renowned Member
3/4/06
CT Brother

Hey LJay, I'm from CT, too. Montville to be exact. Most know it as the home of the Mohegan Sun these days. Undergrad at UConn and B-School at RPI.

Now, I temporarily live in Stamford until my new house is ready in East Norwalk.

So, give me some of your CT history....

4 reps in 3 wks isn't bad. I've got about 10 in two months and still haven't spent a half of what my gen PAM cost.

ljay

23/4/06
Re: CT Brother

efnstefn said:
Hey LJay, I'm from CT, too. Montville to be exact. Most know it as the home of the Mohegan Sun these days. Undergrad at UConn and B-School at RPI.

Now, I temporarily live in Stamford until my new house is ready in East Norwalk.

So, give me some of your CT history....

4 reps in 3 wks isn't bad. I've got about 10 in two months and still haven't spent a half of what my gen PAM cost.
Hey CT brother thanks for the welcome. I grew up in Wallingfiord and live in Andover MA. now, moved up here to finish my E.E. degree at BU and liked it so much I married my realtor.