• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Here's an idea o how to deal with the a-holes...

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
On eBay... why not create fake eBay accounts and put a max bid of $1,000,000 on fake watches that are being sold, so no one will outbid us meanwhile we report the item as being fake on eBay? What do you guys think? That way we won't let anyone get scammed. :)

Xyphis

4/10/07
Although an interesting concept, I have to say that it ranks below family, job, hobbies, continuing education, making my bed, buying twinkies at the store, bowel movement, and dental cleanings (Hmmm, and in that order :shock: ) on my TO DO list.

Good Luck with this my friend. But perhaps I can recommend a good book for you to buy off EBay. It's healthier for you :wink:

zarkon

Known Member
23/3/07
Great idea. Lets do this Acctually more than two or three people keep increase the price over redicilus level like 3.000.000 so on....

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
GC,

It sounds like fun but I think we will get burned and here is why. Of the many watches I have reported only one out of 8 was actually taken off sale. Ebay just doesn't care and the genuine companies are too busy to enforce the antitrust/trademark infringements. So when you bid it up ebay won't care and you will be penalized on all your accounts. Frankly, they would rather catch the factory in action and shut it down.

Having said that I can tell you what I do.

1. Watch the item in my ebay profile.
2. When the auction ends I PM the winning bidder. (if not private)
3. Hope that I am wrong or the buyer learns a lesson.

Pretty Lehman's, but it works.

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
I tried to PM a winning bidder of a fake watch once. It just didn't let me. Some kind of warning popped up saying that for security reasons I could not PM this person. You can only PM someone that has an item for sale by asking a question about the item. .....Nice :cry:

Ebay is all about the profit......Their profit. F*cking scumbags.