• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with mod selection for AP Diver

aprolexlover

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/6/17
If you want it gen like you should have started with Noob case. JF case cant be used with genuine AP rubber strap. The rep and gen rubber strap is like day and night time once its seasoned.

You need Noob V5.1 case, Mikey's DW, A2824 low beat mod, gen AP rubber strap. Or you can PM @aflop to build you one, all it takes is $$$$ and lots of patience.

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
What bothers me on my Diver and what I see on yours is misalignment of minute and tachy markers (25 and 35 positions). Is there any way to correct it?

For months of owning this watch, that's the first time I noticed that. Shit lol

D

d4m.test

I looked and didn't really notice on the watch the tachy slight alignment. It probably was aligned. The tachy does move with the other dial but I haven't touched it.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
average cost about $740, from “terapeak”

5d80ce06eea8308062a0805679c3d215.png

211a3d04789137d5b4d88414b435b7c8.png
This is not free. I have to pay for service

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Shawn You

Patron
Certified
27/2/17
Amazing post

I have a

JF v7 Diver
HFAC Dial
Powermatic 80
2AR Crystal

I want to find someone in Conus that will do the sunken screw, bezel screw mod, rebrushing of bezel, and relume do you know anyone in Conus pref that does this kind of work?

- low beat mod, this is actually a big difference and an instant tell for people that know. (if you have the v7 with a miyota 9015, then this mod is not possible) ~$200
- date wheel switch, mikey from RWI makes good stuff, it's quite easy to tell the v7 date wheel and the gen apart. ~$35 wheel + $50 service
- bezel screw mod, rounded, brushed and recessed. compare it with a picture of a gen, lots of people on this forum can tell the difference very easily, if you can't then don't worry about it. ~$60
- rebrushing of SS bezel, this mod makes it so the brushing is a bit less likely to scratch later on, not needed if you're really careful with your watch. ~$45
- gen strap/buckle, the gen rubber feel is really different honestly, but a feet or two away it's not that different visually. ~$350
- movement service, different from low-beat mod, this makes it so that there's no gunk or dirt on your movement and guarantees that it lasts longer and is more precise. ~$150

improvements but non-gen-like:
- prof 2xAR crystal ~$140
- prof 2xAR cyclops ~$130
- relume (super glow!) ~$130

tornbrand

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/2/11
If you want it gen like you should have started with Noob case. JF case cant be used with genuine AP rubber strap. The rep and gen rubber strap is like day and night time once its seasoned.

You need Noob V5.1 case, Mikey's DW, A2824 low beat mod, gen AP rubber strap. Or you can PM @aflop to build you one, all it takes is $$$$ and lots of patience.
I have a v7 with a gen hornback and i dont have A problem with fitting, no gap between strap and plots
I have a noob 3.5 case I’m thinking of using instead of the v7, for some reason I like it more

opne

5/6/17
@vaccum does these mods and is in CONUS. he’s in florida though and needs some time to recuperate and adjust from the hurricane.

[email protected] is his email. when he’s active he replies to emails very quickly and is extremely responsive. he is currently the reigning AP guru of the US. (trust me I’ve looked around)

Shawn You

Patron
Certified
27/2/17
Is this true can you not add a gen strap to a JF?

D

d4m.test

Reading this thread has been very helpful. Thanks to all the people asking questions, and all the people answering them.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
So what is closest to gen? 1xAR for cyclops and 1xAR for crystal? Ive looked at a bunch of ebay and I still see glass reflection of cyclops

D

d4m.test

So what is closest to gen? 1xAR for cyclops and 1xAR for crystal? Ive looked at a bunch of ebay and I still see glass reflection of cyclops

Keeping the crystal JF is closest. The debate is whether or not to do 1ar for cyclops. It's good either way.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I think the professor's cyclops for the diver is only 1xAR, I have one in my diver and there is certain amount of glare.

D

d4m.test

I think the professor's cyclops for the diver is only 1xAR, I have one in my diver and there is certain amount of glare.
He has both, I ordered 2x AR from him for two of my ss divers

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk