• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help, which rep factory/versionis this? (15400)

GeneralRep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/23
Uranus
New here, have done a fair bit of research on reps and posting etiquette. Thanks to all putting in the time and effort here. Have learnt many valuable things.

However, I am not able to distinguish what exact rep (as in factory/version/modder etc.) I got my hands on recently. For clarity it was not purchased through sources found here (TD’s or plain dealers) but via a source who I trust purchasing high-end leather stuff from, who has access to rep dealers. I am likely to have overpaid but that’s fine as the watch I ordered and QCd would be the one I get and delivery was within days.

Out of curiosity and to get some form of idea if I got rinsed, and whether to buy additional reps via this channel, are any of the distinguished members of this parish able to identify where this 15400 rep comes from?

- It’s probably an older rep due to the thickness of 1.2cm (I saw this on QC pics prior to ordering hence I was aware of the Hockey Puck concern)

- Slow date change - no issues works fine

- It looks mint/new. Movement works fine

- A bit noisy and clunky, reminds me of my gen IW3717

- Strap is nice, I can’t tell any difference from the gen RO Chrono I had some 10 years ago. Edges are a bit sharp though

- Maybe the metal finish is a bit shiny, and the hands too “fat”?

- Movement is an instant give away if seen by someone with interest or gen owners. It lacks a lot of decor, and it’s clear as day when angling the watch it is held within a plastic case.

Overall I think the impression is good and from normal distance I would not be able to tell if it is a rep. I’m happy with for now as a maiden rep and will get more. It was expensive at just under 500EUR, but that premium is okay as I knew the dealer and watch would arrive within days.
The dealer had some amazing looking higher-end reps both for 15400 and 15500 but was asking for 800. Claiming they have Swiss ETA movements. Are these some super duper mods justifying the higher price or maybe they are being told bogus stuff by their watch dealer?

Thanks for looking and any input.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The watch pictured is a lower tier rep, and I would value it at below 200 euros. Dial, datewheel and hands are actually immediate giveaways.
Also, avoid the "swiss ETA" claims by sellers. Most simply aren't.

Reactions: GeneralRep

GeneralRep

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/23
Uranus
Thank you! Suspected this might be the case. Not buying anymore reps from them. Will sell this one.

Seems the dealer is adding around 250-300EUR on any rep.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The watch pictured is a lower tier rep, and I would value it at below 200 euros. Dial, datewheel and hands are actually immediate giveaways.
Also, avoid the "swiss ETA" claims by sellers. Most simply aren't.
What the legendary @legend said.