• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

help resizing planet ocean bracelet please

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Fortunately the UPO bracelet is small enough that I didn't need to remove links. Souonds like a bear.
I've resized 2 SOSF curvy bracelets for petite women, though, so I think I deserve a medal for that feat!

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
a late response but this made the magic for me. After breaking my UPO bracelet and endind up ordering a new one, a friend recommended the tool
http://www.ofrei.com/page237.html

You mean the first one on the top of the page?

Honnestly, it's not anywhere as good as a bracelet stand, a pin punch and a watchmaker hammer. And you can pick up the 3 tools all together for $10 to $15.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Hey Wiz. Can you post links/examples of the tools you're referring to? I just got a PO with steel bracelet too and will be needing to do the same thing so I'll need some tools...

Thanks

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Hey Wiz. Can you post links/examples of the tools you're referring to? I just got a PO with steel bracelet too and will be needing to do the same thing so I'll need some tools...

Thanks

You can get everything you need from watchbitz's website. If you're not registered yet, don't forget to mention you're from RWI. There is a special dscount for RWI members.

If I remember well he's got a bracelet stand + pin punches set for less than $5, and a hammer also for less than $5.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
He's in Australia though right? I'm CONUS but I'll take a look at his stuff.

Thanks Wiz!

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
He's in Australia though right? I'm CONUS but I'll take a look at his stuff.

Thanks Wiz!

Yes he is, but he has pretty decent airmail shipping rates, so it has never stopped me from buying there.

Untitled-1-9.jpg

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Ha ha! That's exactly what I just bought! Great minds think alike...

I didn't notice any discounting after I registered though...

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Ha ha! That's exactly what I just bought! Great minds think alike...

I didn't notice any discounting after I registered though...

You need to send a PM to Offshore with the email you used to register so he can apply the discount to your account.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Yeah, he sent me an email saying he got the account set up but couldn't apply the discount since I already placed my order and paid. I guess I was just in too big of a hurry.

No big deal. I'll get it next time.

Thanks for the info Wiz...

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Hey Wiz,

My tools came on Christmas eve so I just now got around to trying to re-size my PO bracelet. It went smooth as ice... Only bent 1 pin trying to get it back in. Only took about 15 minutes.

Thanks for the help! Here are the tools I used for anyone who needs to know...

watchtools.jpg