• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me bring my ZF BB58 back to life!

dxvidvg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
29/6/18
Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well. Here is my ZF Tudor black bay 58 which I bought ~5 years ago.

Last year when I was winding it, it broke. I wasn’t able to send it to be fixed anywhere as I was studying abroad but now I am back in the UK. The watch does not wind or I am able to change the time.

I’m not too clued up on how watches work, I have no clue what happened. I assume the best course of action is to change the movement out to a new one?

The other thing that has happened is that one of hour markers has fallen out, most likely happened when in transit from one to another.

Another thing I would like to fix is the bezel. It’s really hard to rotate, and only rotates anticlockwise (I think this is intentional, let me know if it’s supposed to be bidirectional).

The dial isn’t scratched, but the crystal is ;(

Would it be cheaper to just buy a new ZF BB58, or get it fixed. If getting it fixed is the way forward, would anyone be able to point me to someone who would be able to help me (UK based)?

Thank you all for your help and time, I’ll respond to any questions below.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Usually would reccomend a easy a2824 swap but with the state of that watch just buy a new one or try a new watch instead

dxvidvg

Certified
29/6/18
Usually would reccomend a easy a2824 swap but with the state of that watch just buy a new one or try a new watch instead
Might have to agree with you there, but this was my first watch so there is some sentimental value here. Also I just purchased a VSF sub haha!

Looking at those photos again it looks a lot worse on there than it does IRL.

I would want to learn about watchmaking and learn how to fix it myself, but with my schedule atm I really do not have the time ;(

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Might have to agree with you there, but this was my first watch so there is some sentimental value here. Also I just purchased a VSF sub haha!

Looking at those photos again it looks a lot worse on there than it does IRL.

I would want to learn about watchmaking and learn how to fix it myself, but with my schedule atm I really do not have the time ;(
The crystal is destroyed, the watch is beat up and scratched, the dial is broken, the movement is broken

all of these can be fixed but will cost more than you bought it for.....

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
If it was mine, id have that puppy fixed up in no time, look at all that "patina" you've applied by wearing it, good job.

If you want to ship it to a yank across the pond, ill fix it for free, if you cover any parts needed and return shipping cost. Good luck!

dxvidvg

Certified
29/6/18
If it was mine, id have that puppy fixed up in no time, look at all that "patina" you've applied by wearing it, good job.

If you want to ship it to a yank across the pond, ill fix it for free, if you cover any parts needed and return shipping cost. Good luck!
Mate that’s a huge favour! Thank you, I’ll PM you and see what we can arrange!

Reactions: ward1991

SeniorChief

28/2/24
BFE

Outstanding, Ward! BRAVO ZULU!

Reactions: ward1991