• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP is there a difference between nickel plated and non plated asian 2836 movement?

stormslaw

Horology Curious
13/8/15
im stuck in a costly spot to buy a noob sub with the nickel plated movement for $100 more or the non plated asian 2836 for $100 less... IS THERE A DIFFERENCE?.. thxs

beefjerky456

I'm Pretty Popular
4/3/12
on a closed case back watch, I would go for the cheaper A2836 movement, as long as it is a proper clone of the 2836-2. Why pay extra for something that no one will see anyway.

Might be worth posting links to the watches so we are all sure what you are comparing though...

stormslaw

Horology Curious
13/8/15
on a closed case back watch, I would go for the cheaper A2836 movement, as long as it is a proper clone of the 2835-2. Why pay extra for something that no one will see anyway.

Might be worth posting links to the watches so we are all sure what you are comparing though...

it upload .. thxs..

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Well theres no difference in the movement, but perhaps the watches in question is where the price difference lays.....

The watch you pictured with the gold movement has no crown guards......vintage sub ?

If i was going clone id opt for the gold movement, if i was going gen ETA, id go with a nickle plated, but only because of asthetics......i just prefer the look