• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP!! CrPO crown pulled out..

eclipse

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/13
Hi All,

I was adjusting the time after not wearing the watch for several days, but after unlocked the crown and pulling it out, the whole crown and stem came out. I put it back in, seems no problem, and the watch still runs, but I'm unable to adjust the time.

What should I do now, can anyone kindly shed some light on this? I'd really appreciate it! :wyliehelp:

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Sounds like the stem release button has somehow come loose. You could try slowly turning the crown clockwise whilst pushing it in, in a hope with the lock into place.

Painter6

30/11/12
Sounds like it did not go in properly. When putting my stem back in the first time, it did the same. I had to take it out and install it again. This time, try turning it as you put it in.

eclipse

28/1/13
Sounds like the stem release button has somehow come loose. You could try slowly turning the crown clockwise whilst pushing it in, in a hope with the lock into place.

I just tried, didn't work.. the crown still locks in place when pushed and turned clockwise; but just free turning when pulled out one click, not adjusting anything, and it would come out completely when pulled further.

The movement shouldn't be damaged, right? since it's still running..

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Could be a keyless works problem in which case you need to get it fixed.

Try putting in the stem again and see.

eclipse

28/1/13
Could be a keyless works problem in which case you need to get it fixed.

Try putting in the stem again and see.

It is in and locked right now.
I pulled it out and put back in several times already, trying what SSTEEL and Painter6 suggested, didn't work, it still does not adjust the date and time, just free turning. The crown still have that springy feel when pushed, and I can still feel couple of clicks when pushing in and pulling out, but it would just come out completely again when pulled further.

What do you mean by "keyless works problem"? thanks.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Trial and error, you maybe lucky, and be able to insert it by removing the back case, and lightly depressing the stem release button whilst trying to refit. Worst case scenario would be that you need to get the keyless works fixed by a watch smith. There are several in the forums that maybe able to assist you here.

Search the forums for the words "Keyless+works" and that should yeld some info for you.

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
My guess is that they cut the stem too short and it is not quite holding. A very easy fix if that is it. Testing to see if that is the problem is a little more difficult if you don't have another 2824 stem handy.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
Haha. No. If it is short it is by a fraction of a mm.

You could take out the movement and try inserting the stem to see if it clicks in properly.

This is very simple but if you have not done it before I would suggest getting help.

Any watchmaker will have the proper stem uncut. Take it to a local place and have them put one in to see if it engages.

Where do you live?

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
Nice pearl by the way. Most are low and to the side. That is something actually difficult to fix.

eclipse

28/1/13
Haha. No. If it is short it is by a fraction of a mm.

You could take out the movement and try inserting the stem to see if it clicks in properly.

This is very simple but if you have not done it before I would suggest getting help.

Any watchmaker will have the proper stem uncut. Take it to a local place and have them put one in to see if it engages.

Where do you live?

I see. haha, noob here, lol.. so no, I have never done it before, and I doubt if I wanna mess with it.

Can you recommend some watchmaker? I'm in NY/NJ area, and I'd like to have it re-lumed and waterproofed as well actually. I have contacted Vac a week ago before this happened, but never heard back from him.

TIA

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
Have the same person do the stem fix then. Try Vac again. Expensive but worth it.
For just the stem I can not recommend anyone near you. If you are in DC any time soon I could probably do it.

elconquistador

Certified
10/6/10
Must be contagious. I am wearing my PO for the first time today and it just stopped running.

eclipse

28/1/13
Have the same person do the stem fix then. Try Vac again. Expensive but worth it.
For just the stem I can not recommend anyone near you. If you are in DC any time soon I could probably do it.

Yea, I was thinking getting everything done in one stop as well. I'll try vac again, see what happens. I wonder how much the estimate is gonna be.. :facepalm:

hmm, never been to DC, maybe I should hahaha

eclipse

28/1/13
now the movement has stopped, even if I wind it, it would just run a little bit and then stop right away.. and yet, still no reply from either vac or mike over at rwg! why is so hard to get hold of a watchmaker..?

any suggestions?