• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help~ Addicted to PO 45mm Ultimate

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
This is already the second week I'm stuck with this beauty and I'm neglecting my other favorites.

What should I do?

All my IWC's, Rollies and the PAM 005 are collecting dusts IN the watch box.

Feel bad for them...

I want to give them more attention but the PO Ultimate keep coming back on my wrist when I leave the house.

But I also miss my other babies...

Can someone rob my house and steal the PO??!!?

chrgod

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/06
:D

I understand what you mean. I have exactly the same "problem" during the last two weeks..

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
Quick......stop....drop....and roll to the nearest dealer section now.....purchase....purchase.....purchase and put your mind at ease. Your watch needs a playmate to share wrist time and someone to tell stories to at night. I as the same way with my 005, then got the PO and my 005 got no wrist time, then I was givine a 165 and this helped as both were givine less attention.

Nate

norphaedrus

Horology Curious
23/12/06
Yeah, wait until you put on a 38/39mm dress watch again. The 45mm PO has ruined those for me. Maybe I will take the straps off and relegate them to cufflinks...

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
Ok... NEXT WATCH, pls. I need to make the PO join the gang of "the rest of 'em".

The noobmariner used to be on my wrist day and night for a whole 2 weeks. The ingy for a whole month but with some intermission for a few days in each week... but the PO, it's got some VOODOO that stick my wrist to it like elephant glue.

A gen? Are you crazy? After losing a $3K watch and converted to reps, I can hardly count my dollars on another gen. No more gen for me no matter how much disposable income I have...

No offence. I'd love the gen, but I can never get over the fact that quality of reps is just a hairline away from the gen since I do not dive.

Oh oh... I know. I'd save a few hundreds for a whole gen set of bracelet :p

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
If you wish to mod it with genuine dial, hands and clasp, please let me know. I will give you the part numbers.

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
Gen dial and hands? Will they fit the ETA? Hmmmmm... You're evil, Taka.

I've found the clasp in Ofrei like you told me the last time, dude. Seriously thinking about it, but since my clasp now still works fine, I'd save the mods for later.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yes they will fit. I am totalled with the 4th gen PO. Spent close to 400USD on mods alone. Anyhow, the crown on 45mm Ultimate is much better so you don't have to replace it. Dial looks good too (this will take the bulk of the price). I think go for genuine hands and clasp will do.

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
It's the lume, dude. A gen dial with good lume... I realized I'm not good with mod jobs so I'm too chicken to destroy my baby.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Relume the PO dial yourself. It's easy because the lume is contained in those hour markers container.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago, then I got my first PAM, now I am waiting for 3 other to arrive.
The Rollies are in my watch box. :x :x

Get a PAM 187 and your PO will lay flat on the table. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
wrist shot please, so that we can see which one you got and then we tell you what you should do.

seraphe said:
This is already the second week I'm stuck with this beauty and I'm neglecting my other favorites.

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
my PO also doesn't leave my wrist.

mainly because it takes abuse easily and is really nice.

When I get another wrist queen I'll send it to vac or someone to have it lumed and gen dialed.

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
I don't have a wrist shot of the PO ultimate yet, but what difference will that make? I'm sure more than half of the Dark Side already knows how it looks on the wrist.

Anyway, I do agree with Novesh that the PO can take the rough wear. I've accidentally knocked it a few times and expected some heart-stinging scratches... but I found NONE. Amazing!!! The only visible scratch right now is on the clasp, which was where my wrist hits the table most when I played blackjack today.

Anyway, don't ask me why... No matter how much I love the PAM005 I got from Davidsen, I'm still a chucky SS bracelet guy. The watch I lost back last September was my favorite... an automatic Tag 2000 Exclusive Chrono. Chunky kinda bracelet watch.

That's why I love the Ingy and the PO. Chunky heavy SS bracelet. Any suggestion what's next? Not a fan of Breitlings or FM.

galevin

Supporter
Certified
9/10/06
Bezel color?

Not sure if I missed it but do you have the orange or black bezel 45? I'm in heat for an orange bezel 45 PO as I have a ton of black bezeled watches and I think the orange is rather striking in appearance.

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
I've the black bezel/white markers 45mm.

I too have many black dial + white/chrome marker + SS watches, which is why I chose this PO model. Maybe it's just me, but I'm the black/white/grey kinda watch person. I have a blue dial gen speedy and another blue dial air king, but I don't fancy them that much since I got a grey dial watch...

If given a choice for the next watch, I'd most likely choose a the same black/grey dial with white/chrome markers. No colored dial/bezel watch for me.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Re: Bezel color?

this is why I asked for a wrist shot :D :D :D :D :D
I guessmaybe his wrist is about 4.5" and this is why he loves his monster :):D

galevin said:
Not sure if I missed it but do you have the orange or black bezel 45? I'm in heat for an orange bezel 45 PO as I have a ton of black bezeled watches and I think the orange is rather striking in appearance.