• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello! New to RWI (but not new to reps)...are there any other ladies here?

cat_fashion

Known Member
Certified
5/7/22
United States
I just got here via Reddit after a ladies watch guide was posted on another rep sub I’m active in. I followed Reptime for a while but never took the dive because it felt really “dude-ly” and somewhat uninviting.
I arrived here the same way! I also followed Reptime for a while, but my issue with that sub (in addition to it being uninviting) is that it's the same 10 or so watches that get posted about over and over. It's hard to stay interested when those are the only reference points — someone who didn't know any better might think that the rep watch selection is extremely limited, which is certainly not the case!

cat_fashion

Known Member
Certified
5/7/22
United States
Instead of looking for wrist shots of watches on a womans wrist, might I suggest you have a watch of some female watch enthusiasts on YouTube instead? There are quite a few out there at the moment with the sphere of influence growing every day.

I watch Jenni Elle quite a bit and really enjoy her videos, her reviews are in depth, without feeling robotic or "manufactured". She reviews a range of different watch types from ultra high end to cost cost effective beginner watches too. This could be a good way for you to gauge what watches would look well proportioned on your wrist, but as always, the size of a watch is personal preference.

Good luck with your search!

Yes! I actually stumbled into her videos a few weeks ago and I really enjoy her channel. Great rec!

Reactions: KruisingKhaos95

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
Yes! I actually stumbled into her videos a few weeks ago and I really enjoy her channel. Great rec!

There are more and more watch channels popping up all the time, the watch niche really seems to be blowing up on social media right now, stemming from pre-Covid.

If you are primarily interested in rolex I would imagine that most references would be fine for you to wear. I actually think watches that are a little bit bigger and worn loosely look good on women! Daytonas are a great example of a watch that looks much bigger in pictures than it is in person, wears much smaller than it would first appear (which actually puts some people off them), couple that with the plethora of bracelet options (oysterflex, steel bracelet, leather strap) then you have a pretty versatile watch that can match most aesthetics.

Although admittedly I am a little bias in favour of Daytonas as the tagline below my name suggests 😂

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I will agree with my buddy above.

Daytonas look awesome on women & if I didn't hide mine, my missus would claim them as her own.

There is a huge variety of colours, dials, bezels and bracelets, so a great suggestion by @KruisingKhaos95 (y)

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
And that was my initial point, Daytonas on womens' wrists look awesome.
And since we're addressing the sizing topic, let's look in the opposite direction as well. Damned he who decided men watches must be >38mm. Further bs marketing/fashion. The rep I prefer on my wrist is my OP 36mm. And damned if my grandfather's old 30mm smoking watch doesn't look fantastic, too. But, I'm digressing, de gustibus...

KruisingKhaos95

Chairman of Daytonas Anonymous (got any?)
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
20/9/21
Spion Kop - The Scouse Republic
And that was my initial point, Daytonas on womens' wrists look awesome.
And since we're addressing the sizing topic, let's look in the opposite direction as well. Damned he who decided men watches must be >38mm. Further bs marketing/fashion. The rep I prefer on my wrist is my OP 36mm. And damned if my grandfather's old 30mm smoking watch doesn't look fantastic, too. But, I'm digressing, de gustibus...

Completely agree with you on both fronts there, smaller watches exude class in my opinion, the original 36mm day-date being the perfect example!

Reactions: P..DR..D and Feefo

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Joining Welcome Home GIF

P..DR..D

KING OF BALD ARMS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Agreed on both fronts too @Feefo
Wear what ya like, feck the bs marketing or stereotypes etc.

Saying that though, I have yet to convince my missus to try on my Fiddy :unsure:
At 47mm, while it looks beautifully ridiculous on me, she will need to start doing some weight training if she wanted to start wearing it :ROFLMAO:

Although I do recall some pics of Mrs @PAM_BOY, with big watches, so never say never ;)

Last edited:

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/16
Yep, bs marketing, mainstream aesthetic popular among men + women watch aesthetic is a cliche with small, diminutive, subtle or glittery design, I guess it's annoying to be placed in a category: oh, you're a woman, so here's a plain 26mm two-hander with a mauve dial, no indices...
Really a pity because that's also the reason so many women keep distance to the watch world, they can't identify.
Lol the no indices is so freaking accurate. It doesn’t help that the only advertising for women comes from shitty department store brands either.

I will say, a sub isn’t going to look good on a lot of women. Some women have the wrist and forearm size for it, but I know my SO definitely does not.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Certified
13/7/16
Rolex Cellini.
Omega Constellation
Omega Seamaster 36mm
Omega Deville
IWC Da Vinci
IWC Pilot Automatic 36mm
Pateks could work well, but I wouldn’t wear a Patek rep personally
Cartier has some good ones
Jaegar-LeCoutlre
Longlines
Tag Heuer Carrera

Here’s a puretime search for 36mm for you to look at too

See some great watches available in that size.

Gens
Hamilton makes a lot of 36-38mm
Seiko