• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Health advisory: Rubber straps / cancer risk

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Does that include the vanilla scent from my AP ROO? Or is it just a smell that gives you headaches?

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Does that include the vanilla scent from my AP ROO? Or is it just a smell that gives you headaches?
I don't know what they used to produce it. If it is black chances are very good that it is PAH. In any case: I'd ventilate it until it doesn't smell anymore. Shouldn't take longer than a week.

And please do not accelerate with a hair dryer or by cooking - it will make the rubber porous and it will break.

Dr.Verylong

fromo1946

23/10/06
Thanks, for awhile I thought it was from my smoking my vanilla flavor tobacco in my pipe. Now, I'll give my Bell & Ross "Pumpkin" some down time. From "What you don't know can kill you" file, that's a great saftey notice.

What's the upload time if you didn't take this precaution? What all could happen to the wearer? Once again, we're getting another attack from our vices... I gave up drinking 20 years ago, and now wearing my rubber straps from my replicas.

Keep us posted for further notices. We have a great wealth of knowledge coming from our members, thanks again.

fromo1946

upland

Horology Curious
25/3/09
I can accept any rubber band as donation ...I am suicidal..

good advise, so what do I do with all my vanilla smelling rubber straps? I just smelled them and the smell is almost gone. It would also be too late, So if I am dead in a few years means that the Chinese killed me.

and You just made my day Sir lol lol lol

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
just one more reason to never buy an expensive watch with a piece of a worn out car tire holding it on your wrist. :arghh:

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
I saw the thread title, then saw that Dr. verylong posted it.

All that came to my mind was the new Dr. Pepper commercials.

"Trust me, I'm a Doctor"

:)