• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB strap lenght

turbotony

Horology Curious
26/11/06
Can anyone tell me the lenght of the rubber strap on the HBB reps. I think all of the ones I have seen on the forums come with a deployant buckle and was wondering if any big wristed people had one and did it fit your wrist? This is the reason I have not bought one yet as I am not sure if the strap is long enough.

koopia

21/7/06
I would also be interested in knowing the answer, I've emailed Puretime but haven't heard back yet.

dave123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/07
I don't know the exact lenght,but i can't see it not fitting a human wrist...i'm 6'4 220lbs and i had it set to its smallest setting,lots of room left for larger wrists (i haven't measured my wrist lately either,gave up doing that when i gave up measuring my dick)...... :|

koopia

21/7/06
Thanks Dave, that's enlightening.
I would still like to get the measurements of the strap if anyone has them.
Can't seem to get an answer from the dealers.
My wrist is about 8.25 inches so i've had some trouble in the past with nice reps that wouldn't fit :(

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Taken from the replacement strap to be more accurate :

9,8 + 9,2 cm including 11mm given by the closed clasp.

Hope this helps.

koopia

21/7/06
Awesome, thank you very much Pix.

Doesn't sound that long to me but it might fit.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
If your wrist is 8.25", you will have problem with it.

I have a deadon 8" wrist and I use the last hold of the strap. It wear comfortable (I can actually use a hole less, but it's too tight to be comfortable) but there is not much room left.

For reference, Omega SMP, Speedmaster, Breitling Navitimer (strap + depl),BCE (metal) and IWC strap are all a bit longer. (maybe a 1/4inch)

If you need extra long leather strap, the HBB won't fit you. Sorry.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Well 20 cm is quite standard as a length.
XL straps are usually 22 cm.
The only thing that has an influence then is the size of the case. Maybe you could make an additionnal hole in the strap to gain an other 1 cm.

koopia

21/7/06
Yeah, I guess the only way to know for sure is to buy one and try it.
I really really want a mellow yellow :D

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
you actually can make another hole and gain about 1/4in.

anyway, try it.. if you wear your watch a bit tight, it might work well for you.

That said, the damn deployant claps hurt me. Trying to find a way to solve that right now..

koopia

21/7/06
I've read a lot of complaints about the clasp, a little worried about that too.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
most said it was a problem when you had small wrist, but it's the same with bigs one ;p

anyway, I will find a way to solve that.. (in fact I might have found, but my wrist is irritated right now so I can't know if it's 100% solved or not yet)

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Ok here is my try. Not sure if it solve the problem completely, but it does help

I use double sided tape as pad. Mine is black and red, but try to find some black and black. Cut 2 small pieces and place them like on the picture.

I know it's an ugly fix, but when you wear it, it doesn't show at all. And if you have black one, it won't be seen much when you remove the strap.

Some said putting the strap on the other side work, but if you have a big wrist, one side or the other, the claps will end up at the same place on your wrist and hurt anyway. I will try to find a better way, but beside modifying the claps (which is PVD coated, so big problem there) I don't see anything.

hbbfix.jpg

dave123

Banned
20/3/07
I have no clue what tha clasp issue was about,mine was comfy as can be...... :|

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
the 2 side of the claps are a bit sharp and enter you wrist.. if the strap is a bit loose and move, it hurt quite a bit.

Same thing happen with my Breitling Deployment, but I fixed it by bending the SS part that was causing that.. Here, I can't since I would damage the PVD.

koopia

21/7/06
If I ever get hold of a mellow yellow and the clasp hurts I'll utilize your solution, thanks for sharing.

Hambone

Banned
24/11/06
8" wrist exactly here also, and my HBB is on the last possible setting, however it should work to poke another hole, good luck.

petergunny

Trusted Dealer
9/6/08
How if HBB paired with leather strap instead of rubber, coz making custom size rubber is a lot harder than leather. I'm thinking to build custom size leather strap for HBB, it might be good.