• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB (Silix version with 28,8 movement)

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Has anyone seen Silix's new version of the HBB??? They claim it has the 28,8 movement and sapphire crystal (no mention of AR) for just $220! If this is true, it's better than the "lite" versions sold by other dealers.

It's really the same as the full version, but probably without the AR.

Here's a link:

hxxp://www.silix-prime.com/cat.asp?catid=145

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
acidzerocool said:
WOW if this is true and this is the CF dial I am all over it!!!!!

hXXp://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1859

I was looking at that one. It doesn't look like CF to me. I don't like the PVD bezel anyway.

I may get the weird soccer version with the white dial because I already have the full version of the standard black dial/steel bezel watch.

I heard a rumor that Silix's watches are made by a different factory (perhaps a rep of a rep)?

I just wish one of these factories would make the bracelet (or at least come up with a comfortable deployant).

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
acidzerocool said:
Also how is Silix to deal with????

I ordered a couple of things from Silix and always had a great experience. They're pretty responsive to e-mail questions too. I just sent a message asking to confirm the 28,8 movement and sapphire crystal.

acidzerocool

Renowned Member
12/7/06
Could you also ask about the CF dial. The first pic seems like a CF dial?!?!?

You can keep in touch via PM if you can

Also what type of payment does he take and where are you located?

Thanks

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
it has the same serial number on the back as TWG's.... not that that really means anything at the end of the day...

silix is nice to deal with... i have always received everything i have ordered and have been happy with it... he takes pp... but you have to find out the pp address of the week...

from my experience, this HBB probably is going to be very nice, but not have AR... and the AR really makes the watch...

italiano17771

Renowned Member
5/5/07
yes that dial does have the carbon fiber. they are using the same dials....just a couple other differences. for some reason im thinking this has the older low beat mvmt....the date wheels are different. i think the specs are incorrect on his site. should not be 28k...should be 21k. hopefully im wrong though. :D

acidzerocool

Renowned Member
12/7/06
man I really want to drop the loot on this piece. Gonna have to sell a couple pieces. And he takes PP that is soooo sweet. Where does he/she ship from?

Matt Watch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/07
I saw those too.... Jay at Silix is great! Very nice to have HBB B-bang afforable right after i dropped the big bucks for three lol - on my wrist as i write. The SS ones should go very fast. Look great from my angle. The SS Bang is very cool - you will be shocked when it arrives.

Good luck with your HBB.

acidzerocool

Renowned Member
12/7/06
I already had the Turkish F1 and regret selling it now I want the SS with PVD bezel especially at that price.

italiano17771

Renowned Member
5/5/07
i think i could be wrong....when the hbb lite first came out it had different date font, which was the low beat older 7750. after looking at silix's pics he seems to have the same date font as the expensive hbb's. looks like he might really have these with the better mvmt!! should sell alot.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
italiano17771 said:
i think the specs are incorrect on his site. should not be 28k...should be 21k. hopefully im wrong though. :D

If you look closely at the photos on the Silix site, the movement in the photos definitely looks like the 28k version.

I don't think this is the same as the "lite" versions sold by the other dealers.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Its legit. I mentioned it in the shout box a couple of days ago. I have dealt with jay many times. Always good. Alot of his watches are made by the same factory as the other guys. He also has the SWISS SFSO for ALOT less. And the asian version for $100. Also check out the prices on his Swiss rollies. He has great prices, and is great to deal with.

Nareekoi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/06
So has anybody actually got one from Jay? I contacted him and he says it is the 28.8 more reliable movt. But the black dial doesnt seem to be cf.

Schnappy

Known Member
25/10/06
There is 2 types. CF and non CF. Your choice. What you see is what you get. Same thing as more expensive HBB minus AR coating.

Cosmograph

Horology Curious
23/3/06
It seems to be stupid to buy the SS HBB from another dealer. AR coating service is now availble for everyone everywhere.