• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB: Double AR, Single AR, No AR decisions decisions...

hublot1

Horology Curious
4/11/08
I do realize that he best option is for me to remove the crystal and send it for a double AR coating. I'd like to avoid the headeach of removing the crystal, sending it for several weeks, shipping charges...etc.

Puretime seems the only one to offer a very reasonable price on HBB SS lite engraved rotor, 28800 bvp version for $248 + optional single AR for $20 extra.
Double AR the price jumps to $428 as with all dealers and I just do not want to spend THAT much money on a rep! regardless how good it will look...

My question is Single AR is still better than nothing at all right? Is it at least acceptable???

:roll:

ThreadLocker

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/12/07
The AR on the Hublots make it look tens times better. If I were you, I would ship it to Chief and let him do it for you. Costs around $65, but it is great. Much better than the Double AR that comes on the reps. I have it on my HBB, and it is phenomenal!

hublot1

Horology Curious
4/11/08
Thanks for a quick reply...
Yes I do realize that chieftang will be a better than factory AR. However I do not want to remove the crystal myself, risking scratching the crown & screws which need a special tool.
I will also have to wait several weeks, pay the fees, shipping charges...etc you get the idea in order to save a bit at the end?
What matter most to me is 28800, and of course esthetics making it so much closer to the gen.
I just do not want to spend $450 or go through all the trouble and then the watch dies on me.
I sold my 2 high end gen watches and I will baby even my rep so no water contact, banging, what would be the life expenctancy if one will take extreme care?
Thanks

Canadian Boy...with a HUGE interest in the US elections! :shock:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I have 2 HBB's which came with double AR and I paid a lot of money for them. But the AR is the best I have seen. You either pay for double AR from Angus or you wait and have it done by Chief or you forget about the HBB. Double AR os a must, the watch is so much different! If you do not have the cash right now,wait! Without AR it looks like window glass!

One rule with reps, you always pay for what you get! If you can't affort it get a 150 USD quartz Hbb.... :lol:

hublot1

Horology Curious
4/11/08
Thanks Guru...
I sold my 2 genuine Brietling and Jaeger Le Coultre Menovox so I CAN afford a $500 watch! In my mind spending $500 on a replica is too much but I guess if it could ressemble a genuine that retails for 10k, then it makes sense...
I do understand now that especially for the HBB double AR is a MUST regardless if done by cheiftang or from Angus as it will give it instant bling and "credibility".
I will save myself the hassle and get it directly from a reputable dealer like Sead1999 or Angus (Puretime) right?