• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB advice wanted

Rocketeer

Known Member
17/6/08
I'm finding myself tempted to try a HBB 'Senna'. Can anyone tell me the main issues with these that need correcting?

jayFlyer

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/7/08
Oh, man, there's so many flaws on the Senna it's hard to list em all. Let's take a look at this rep for example:

untitled.png

Main issues:
- Ayrton Senna signature too high
- no power reserve
- Second hand is all red instead of yellow and green
- top chrono pusher is incorrect
- has a datewheel window, which the gen doesn't
- strap should be the new generation HBB strap as seen on the latest Luna Rossa reps but not here

Perhaps you should look around a little. There might be better reps of this watch out there but those that I've seen are quite flawed. Also, someone mentioned there are two different gen Sennas, which i was unable to confirm.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
Don't think a really good version exists of this you would be better off with the stealth dial ceramic watch much closer to Gen

amcogo2010

Looking Around
18/1/08
The senna rep that exists, is actually pretty much dead on.

However, as one of the above posts notes, it's important to know which HBB Senna is being repped.

It is not the split-second power reserve limited edition Senna that was available to the public.

The rep is based on the one-of-a-kind Ayrton Senna watch donated to the foundation for which it was named, to be auctioned off. The proceeds then went to charity, if I remember correctly.

It's pretty much spot on to this rep, except for the datewheel needing to be gray with black numbers.

The other one, the one available to the public, will never be repped because of the ridiculously complicated movement.