• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hangover... cures and/or stories

SmqSub

I'm Pretty Popular
29/12/10
+ 1million for Pho!
Or failing that any soup/noodle combo.

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
wait a minute there...

BATMAN drinks???!!!!!! Oh snap, so much for being a role model :lol1:

I concur with CB, bloody mary with a hint of red bull mixed in it. Or a 'chelada.

BADWIN BING

30/4/10
Boiled eggs.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct3CcR3c4oM&feature=player_detailpage"]50 Eggs - Paul Newman - YouTube[/ame]

madbones

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/12
JC7 is correct. the only true way to cure a hangover is with an IV of saline and a good shot of B vitamins. dehydration is the reason why you feel so crap after a great night out drinking. Wife is a Dr.
Failing that a good sports drink to replace electrolytes together with some painkillers will get you on your way, DO NOT EXERCISE, this will make the dehydration worse.
I feel your pain grasshopper.

JC7

15/6/10
wait a minute there...

BATMAN drinks???!!!!!! Oh snap, so much for being a role model :lol1:

Don't forget who Batman is. Bruce Wayne is the biggest player ever...

...as for the role model piece, Batman represents the greater good but is actually a vigilante. ;)

tenacious_b

18/3/06
In all of the responses, I've only seen one piece of wisdom, and that would be Crossbones' suggestion of Pho. If you are fortunate enough to live in Austin, TX, my first suggestion would be Pho Natic and secondly Pho Saigon (both owned by same family).

Before you embark on your quest for cosmic balance by way of ingesting Vietnamese cuisine, let me encourage you to drop by whole foods, sprouts, natural grocers, or the like, and pick up a liter of coconut water (not milk). Drink that, give it an hour, drink a 5 hour energy, and then nurse another liter of coconut water until you feel right.

Coconut juice is a miracle that will set you right faster than anything else I've ever tried. It's knocked the slag off of a salty margarita hangover faster and more effectively than anything.

If you are the type that HAS to have a little hair of the dog, may I suggest making an avocado margarita with a HIGH quality tequila. Basically a frozen margarita with a whole small or large half avocado blended in. The combination of fat and electrolytes will set you straight in a hurry. And before you make yuck faces, try it. I had one at Curra's, and have been making them ever since. Oh, and DON'T use Margarita mix. Use LIME JUICE. If you need it to be sweeter than the lime juice will allow, throw in a splash of B-grade maple syrup as it is FULL of vitamins and minerals.

Trust my 38 years of experience. I have lived hard, worked hard, and played way too hard, and what I have shared represents my personal treasure trove of relief from several "leaving Las Vegas" episodes of drinking.

crossbones

I'm Pretty Popular
3/6/10
In all of the responses, I've only seen one piece of wisdom, and that would be Crossbones' suggestion of Pho. If you are fortunate enough to live in Austin, TX, my first suggestion would be Pho Natic and secondly Pho Saigon (both owned by same family).

My friend was just telling me about Pho Natic. She claims is was the best but dont trust a word she says. You suggest it.... I MUST TRY NOW. Thanks B.

(please get that Cover3 GTG going BTW...)