• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hamilton Ventura XXL SS MIB 3 version / Non-Elvis Edition (Non-TD)

lynxz3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/14
So i got my second rep in today, which arrived before my ploprof which i ordered first (Still in the QC process).
I got a Hamilton Ventura XXL from a NON-TD (Aliexpress) for $220usd all in including shipping, Angus and M both carry this watch for $308 and $268 usd respectively. Overall very happy with my purchase, it has a few small tells but nothing overly glaring.
I guess enough with the words. On with the pics.

IMG_0414.jpg

In this picture the biggest tell is visible around the perimeter of the sapphire crystal is a silver ring thats painted on to the underside of the curved crystal, its about 1mm in width and it obscures the swiss made logo when you look directly from the front not a big issue but its not like gen.

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

Now come some more of the flaws, lets start with the obvious ones at first, the movement is decorated. The gen uses an ETA 2824-2 movement this seems to be a Seagull ST2130 (Asian 2428-2 clone), easiest tells are the stippling/perlage on the movement and cotes de geneve on the rotor.
The "hamilton ventura" printing on the case seems about as good as gen, it terms of fineness font.

Next tell is that the gen has rotor engraved "Hamilton logo" and "Twenty-five (25) Jewels Swiss", where as the rep is engraved then painted black, this would be a simple mod to fix, but still not gen.

Finally, the tell is that rear sapphire window again has that silver paint on its perimeter edge, which is not like gen.

Some more pictures.
IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Classic watch, and as you said, the rep variances (particularly as regards the movement) are not huge.

i didn't know they repped this. Nice pickup.

lynxz3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/14
I'm sure this watch can be modded to look more like the gen, for example the movement can be replaced with a gen 2824 and the rotor can be harvested from the current movement.
As for the silver paint i think the peanut butter trick with some extra fine steel wool may remove it. Rotor paint can easily be removed with acetone.
The only real remaining tell that i see that cant be fixed is that the Rotor will still have the cotes de geneve on them.

jbevans

Looking Around
27/2/15
You scored this on Aliexpress? Do you still have the link? $220 for a rep of this quality is pretty good. Any other Hamilton types - like an X-Wind by chance?