• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hamilton Reps?

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
my mother in law is lookin for a Hamilton rep.....anyone makin em?

its got a triangular face i think....im lookin for a pic

thanks guys

Pete

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
PeteTO said:
Not seen them, I know what you mean (used in Men In Black) and are they not cheap enough in Gen?

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Pugwash said:
PeteTO said:
Not seen them, I know what you mean (used in Men In Black) and are they not cheap enough in Gen?

You're right Pugs, The gens are pretty affordable. I've been looking at buying one for the last several months and the highest priced one I can find is around 1,100.00usd. Most are in the 400.00 to 700.00 range.

Sean K

PeteTO

Renowned Member
14/7/06
ya my gf talked to her mom last night and apparently she had her gen hamilton stolen at a party my gfs sister had a few weeks back. i told her i would check out the rep scene but i have almost no knowledge on hamilton at all so if gens are cheap she may as well do that!! thanks for the input guys!

Pete

Hari Seldon

22/3/06
If it's triangular it's probably the Ventura or Venturi, something like that. I don't know if they make mechanical versions of this watch but there is a quartz at least and it is far too cheap to replicate.

Edited: Actually there is a couple of more expensive versions now that I looked into it. They have diamonds on them. This is the kind I am talking about: Hamilton Ventura.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
hamiltons are very affordable watches... hence lack of reps. I would say the same with longines though i see a rep here and there.

I lov ethe vintage hamie's :)

Goofy

Known Member
16/3/06
Hamilton had two diamond shaped watches, the Ventura and the Pacer. They were all electric.

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
Can only ever recal having one Hamilton rep:

Hamilton0701b.JPG

Theyre just never made

GT40

Horology Curious
26/10/06
Hamilton Watches

Just on the subject of Hamilton Watches...

I recently bought a Hamilton X-Wind from a dealer in NY State (eBay)...all I can say is fantastic...it really blew me away the quaility and feel of the watch is amazing. It's a genuine 7750 movement and I'll go out on a limb here...it'S as good if not better than my Genuine Omega Seamaster...

Check out the Hamilton Website...

Great watch that always gets a lot of attention when I wear it...

GT40

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
Thread resurection ;)

Swatch Group treats Hamilton like an ugly step child but they are still not cheap enough to make them wrong!
The Hamilton brand is probably the best value for the money you can buy from Swatch Group and I think it's easily in the top 5 best big brand names as far as value goes. And the Hamilton brand is proof that Asia really can make a watch well! They are Swiss parts assembled in Asia!

crick

1/8/06
Re: Thread resurection ;)

OldeCrow said:
Swatch Group treats Hamilton like an ugly step child but they are still not cheap enough to make them wrong!
The Hamilton brand is probably the best value for the money you can buy from Swatch Group and I think it's easily in the top 5 best big brand names as far as value goes. And the Hamilton brand is proof that Asia really can make a watch well! They are Swiss parts assembled in Asia!

wow, i didnt know that!

yes the hamilton khaki chrono's are awesome at a great price - swiss eta 7750's for 600? :)

i'm looking to eventually get a hamilton quartz chrono. I've tried one on, it's got a great feel of high quality for such a great price.

Reps of hamiltons? too hard to find... too low cost. If you want a hamilton, i say skip a month or two of buying reps :p

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Quit showing off, Chris. :p

Nice Hammies. I did the TJ Maxx search for a while, but couldn't ever find anything. :cry:

GT40

Horology Curious
26/10/06
Hamilton Watches

Guys...I'm telling you...if you think the Photo's of the watches above are good... check out the Hamitlon X Wind... blows these other Hamiltons out of the water....ETA 7750, 45mm, and the look and feel of 'Bentley Chrono'...

:D Best non Rep I've purchased by far...

GT40

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
I love the Xwind because it's a LEFTY!!! :D

But it's got too many extra knobs and buttons ;)

I'll break down and buy one anyway just to see what they are like cuz it's not easy to find a lefty chrono!

peepshow said:
Quit showing off, Chris. :p

Nice Hammies. I did the TJ Maxx search for a while, but couldn't ever find anything. :cry:

hehe my bad :oops: I sold my black one in a moment of weakness, I need to replace it.... :wink:

There isn't a TJ Maxx close enough to me to bother looking and it's in the crack head side of town so I doubt they will have anything worth stealing in there :?

crick

1/8/06
Re: Hamilton Watches

GT40 said:
Guys...I'm telling you...if you think the Photo's of the watches above are good... check out the Hamitlon X Wind... blows these other Hamiltons out of the water....ETA 7750, 45mm, and the look and feel of 'Bentley Chrono'...

:D Best non Rep I've purchased by far...

GT40

i like the fact that i can get a 7750 in the khaki @ 38mm! (unless i'm wrong and it's not a 7750 in the 38mm chrono :p)

but you're right, the xwind is awesome. It's HEAAAVY too, from what i remember at the AD.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
If they do not make a genuine of my rep

I won't buy it!!

:D

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
Klink said:
If they do not make a genuine of my rep