• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

guys need advice on next rollie franken...

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
IM LOST!!

ok im not sure where to head next but im thinking 6365 daytona.. BUT i dont think i wanna dump big $ into doing a gen style Valjoux movement... How about those DW's with the A7750? it DOES have to have the asymetrical pushers though. Are the DW's really $800?

But maybe i can do another style rollie.. datejusts and dress rolex's dont spark any excitement for me.. unless it was like a datejust 1603 or something.. As you can see i have zero direction here :) Im trying to build a well rounded collection of Rolex sport and tool watches with examples of current and vintage.

My frankens now are

1680 sub
1665 DRSD
5514 comex
16610 sub
SSD v1
workin on a 16800 transitional right now

Am i missing any important model before i dive into daytona? Maybe a vintage GMT? Explorers are of no interest right now at all so im gunna hold off on them.
ive got a noob daytona with no mods also.

I think a vintage daytona might fit well in my collection. I was thinking of a bond style sub but i'd honestly never wear it and i wear all my watches as much as i can.

ideas?

arty909

15/10/06
I vote for the 'dive into a Daytona' option! Here are my holy grail watches- and, freddy333 is the expert in reps of these beauts:

newman2.jpg

I ordered this one from a dealer around here but it was a huge disappointment...

newman.jpg

Here's the Gen- a P. Newman 6241, the greatest looking Rollie, ever IMHO.

paul6241.jpg

Good luck, Arty

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
this would be very cool but i don't know what it would cost to round up the parts to do it. i would love to do this.

edit to add, the low beat rolex movement has the gmt hand on the bottom like our more reliable rep gmt movements so that would be one obstacle out of the way. :D

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.p ... intage+gmt

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Those old tyle ones are kind of neat. Harder to get called out on too probably.